| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Driv shaft joint for Espace 2.0 16V, 2001  (Read 4233 times)
2cv

« on: May 02, 2013, 09:47:13 pm »

Hi
I need to replace the drive shaft joints (only the part that joins together with the front wheel). The prices vary quite a bit (150 EU for SKF to 35 EU for NK).
Anyone how has some recommendations in terms of brands/price/quality and a link to a web shop.
Regards
Lars

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:21:25 am »

Hi
I need to replace the drive shaft joints (only the part that joins together with the front wheel). The prices vary quite a bit (150 EU for SKF to 35 EU for NK).
Anyone how has some recommendations in terms of brands/price/quality and a link to a web shop.
Regards
Lars

Hello Lars,

When I worked for Renault UK we didn't repair driveshafts of course, simply replaced them if we had to, although whilst I was there we never had one fail.  So I have no knowledge of the relative quality of any repair kits, sorry.

However, if those prices are correct for exactly the same thing, then at just 35 EU it has to be worth using one of the NK units!  I would have thought any drive shaft CV kit must be a certain standard, otherwise it could not do the job, and it can't be nearly five times worse.  So even if it failed in say half the time of the SKF you have still saved yourself a considerable amount.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: