| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.2DT G8T turbo oil leak - advice needed  (Read 5522 times)
markymarkmark

« on: September 19, 2013, 11:17:58 am »

I'm so glad this forum is still running. There's so much info here, I rarely need to ask a question.
We now have two '98 grand espace 2.2DT's and apart from the oil cooler pipes needing repair have had few problems so far.
After replacing my oil cooler pipes having had new ends made up by a local firm, I thought I'd cure my low oil pressure problem and oil leak, but now I find I had another oil leak and still low oil pressure.
I think this is coming from the turbo oil feed pipe.
Please can anyone tell me whether I can get the turbo oil feed pipe off from under the car? If I drop the exhaust downpipe off then can I get to the two bolts onto the turbo and pull the pipe off the block? Has anyone else experienced a leak from the turbo oil feed pipe and what was the cause? My oil cooler pipes rotted right through - I live in a part of the UK where we've suffered so much salt on the roads these past years - could the oil feed pipe fail due to corrosion? It looks to be stainless steel - what material is it?
I'd be grateful for any advice.
Thanks,
Mark
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:49:43 pm »

I have just done a turbo on a dci. I was able to remove it without taking the engine out. It will be simalar I think. To gain good access I removed the o/s drive shaft. There was quite a bit of room at the back of the engine for spanners. Im sure the feed pipe was steel & they are known to fracture. The return pipe looks to be alluminium with a  flexi section. Have a look in the vault to see if there is a document. If you are going this far then consider a turbo refurb kit as they are ony £30.
markymarkmark

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:08:52 pm »

Right, Thanks Brian.
Ok, I see now the silver pipe that I could see is the oil return and that has two bolts onto the turbo. That's what I could see from under the car and thought it was the feed pipe.
From what you're saying I can't get the feed pipe off without removing the turbo.
At least if it's steel and has fractured I can weld it up.
Thanks, from your advice it may be a job that I can do.
Otherwise, any recommendations for a mechanic within 50 miles of Sheffield that knows and loves Espaces and can do my cambelts at the same time?

Cheers,
Mark
BrianM

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:20 pm »

you may be able to get the pipe out, but not on the dci engine as it goes behind the cooling pipe from the thermostat. The pipe will be almost on top of the turbo. poss the vacuume unit will be in the way also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: