| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Battery draw (tech note 4800A required)  (Read 4650 times)
soltisolti

« on: January 26, 2014, 12:52:49 am »

Hi, great forum.

2004 Renault Espace IV 2.2 dci

I have a parasitic battery draw 0.25 after the car has been shutdown for over an hour.  I have tracked most of the battery draw to fuse F11.  I have found when I disconnect the Grey and Green plugs to the Central communication unit, the one under the floor in the passenger foot well  the draw drops to zero.  Further reading has highlighted a fault with certain radios The fault with the radio is a software fault that stops the radio from functioning but all the earth and power feeds are all present and correct the fault sometimes causes the radio display to function with the ignition off and flattens the battery, or just the clock and temp gauge  I am looking for tech note 4800A to see if this is the same problem plus a list of radio serial numbers to see if I have one the radios that has this problem.

Hope someone can help
solti
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:00:53 am by soltisolti » Logged

Renault 2004 Grand Espace 2.2 dci Initiale
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:12:43 pm »

Hi, great forum.

2004 Renault Espace IV 2.2 dci

... I am looking for tech note 4800A to see if this is the same problem plus a list of radio serial numbers to see if I have one the radios that has this problem.

Hope someone can help
solti

Sorry Solti but I cannot help as my version of Dialogys does not have any NT's in the 4800-4899 range.  I stopped working for Renault in 2008 and it isn't in the version I have which is obviously a bit old now, but fine for the Matra Espace models (I-III) I normally support.  The Renault Espace IV has nothing to do with Matra and since NT4800A was not out by 2008, it sounds like quite a late amendment.  Do you know the date of the technical note?

Roy

BrianM

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:56:23 pm »

I just looked through my version of visu & its not in there. You have just two wires from the box that is for the radio, if the connector has more than these two then you are disconnecting more than the radio. Unplug from the radio & if it cures the drain then there's your fault. Other than the dash display the radio is connected to the abs! If you want the wiring diagram then let me know. Cheers, Brian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: