| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: quadra  (Read 4079 times)
ross

« on: March 31, 2014, 09:41:35 pm »

I have a friend with an early Espace Quadra, which has developed a problem with the rear calipers on the disc brakes.
He has had to take it off the road while he tries to source replacement calipers.
I was unaware that such an early Espace had rear disc brakes, but he assures me it has.
Does anyone know of an economic repair or replacement for these calipers ?
Regards
Ross

2005 Grande Espace 2.2DCi
1994 2.1Td Espace
2005 Kangoo 1.2
1977 Renault 16TL
1974 Renault 16TX
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:20:13 pm »

I have a friend with an early Espace Quadra, which has developed a problem with the rear calipers on the disc brakes.
He has had to take it off the road while he tries to source replacement calipers.
I was unaware that such an early Espace had rear disc brakes, but he assures me it has.
Does anyone know of an economic repair or replacement for these calipers ?
Regards
Ross

I have run two Espace Quadra for some years now, Ross, and I wrote the manual on Bendix rear brakes (for the Murena and Bagheera initially but it applies to the Espace Quadra too) as many here will confirm.  Get him to contact me by email directly (not here) as I can probably overhaul them for him.  He will be lucky to get new calipers these days but generally they are not needed and will be very expensive if he finds any.

Roy

BrianM

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:31:06 pm »

Depending on the availability of the seals, there is a company that fully restore calipers for around £45. each. I look them up if need be.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: