| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: espace 2.2dci fumes coming into car  (Read 4472 times)
age9000

« on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:56 pm »

Any idea on this one

when driving with the window open the car draws fumes in
is fine with blower fan on

just had MOT and had a good look under car when on the ramp and could not see any leaks

I thought it maybe the seal gone on one of the injectors, but looking when the car is running
cannot see or hear any "chuffing",

could they possible only leak when under load ? as bit hard to check that !

might just change all the copper seals anyway, got the proper puller from Renault

just thought I would see if anyone else come across this before

Valfrid

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:01:20 pm »

Eberspacher springs to mind although the usual breaks in the front section of the exhaust hose usually makes it that fumes come in through the blower. The exhaust itself is under the area of the gear stick though so that can cause this issue and I have had it.  I think the tailgate door seal can also cause this problem - internal cabin pressure from when the windows are open causes fumes to be sucked in.
Valfrid

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:42:21 am »

Just replaced my eberspacher exhaust and the old one was full of holes and brittle. Easy to replace with the meter long hose bought via Ebay for under £20. One trick - it does have spot-welds on each end - if you cut with tin snips the hose and then 'unwind' it, you can easily remove the majority of it if you are careful. I then filed off any remains and use the original metal clip for the outlet from the unit and a good quality jubilee clip for the connection to the silencer.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: