| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A pillar trim former  (Read 5127 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: April 09, 2014, 11:06:23 am »

On the latest Murena I have, the 'A' pillar trim bases require replacing having been broken into many pieces by some ham-fisted person in the past - probably when the windscreen was replaced as the trim material was stuck to the windscreen sealant!

These trim formers or backing were made of a sort of compressed cardboard, covered in sponge and then the leatherette trim material, and had three plastic plugs set in them which pushed onto holes in three brackets on the pillar to hold the trim in place.  Does anyone know where I can get this material to make some more?

I see Simon show these 'A' pillar trim formers in stock - has anyone tried them?  Are they as good as the originals, which I assume are no longer available.  Thanks for any info.

Roy

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »

On the latest Murena I have, the 'A' pillar trim bases require replacing having been broken into many pieces by some ham-fisted person in the past - probably when the windscreen was replaced as the trim material was stuck to the windscreen sealant!

These trim formers or backing were made of a sort of compressed cardboard, covered in sponge and then the leatherette trim material, and had three plastic plugs set in them which pushed onto holes in three brackets on the pillar to hold the trim in place.  Does anyone know where I can get this material to make some more?

I see Simon show these 'A' pillar trim formers in stock - has anyone tried them?  Are they as good as the originals, which I assume are no longer available.  Thanks for any info.

Roy
I just refitted mine after replacing the windshield. The previous owner had made a fiberglass sheet cut into shape after the original cardboard inserts. That works great and not too difficult to make.
I plan to do something similar for the trim over the vents behind the doors.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
matramurena

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 10:58:00 pm »

I have the cardboard base replaced by a thin metal sheet on one side. Works fine.

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 10:36:57 am »

I made some of modern roof material for gardenhouses.

Can stand 250 C without mis-forming or melting, is a bit flexible and easy to cut.
Also good for in the wheelarches, under radiator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9GcrffeHI&feature=youtu.be

Herman

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:51:05 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: