| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Brake discs - 2.2DCi Espace III  (Read 4363 times)
Valfrid

« on: April 18, 2014, 11:48:31 pm »

Bought some new brake discs for the front of the Espace only to find they are too small! Checked and double checked they were correct too. The new ones are 305mm in diameter but when I removed the crusty old one today it measures 370mm diameter. I've searched everywhere and cannot find discs of this size. I've reassembled for now but the old discs are getting thin after discovering that the pads had literally jammed in their carriers. Now nice and free but I'm at the minimum disc thickness on both front discs. Any ideas and even better, any Renault (or otherwise) part numbers? Oddly, the pads I received are correct!
Valfrid

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:09:31 am »

Just had another look on GSF and Europarts websites and there is just nothing listed that it this larger diameter. I'm just really at a loss as to why my Espace has such oversized front discs...
BrianM

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:41:38 pm »

305 is right! they are the same as the later v6 petrol cars. Most are only 280. are you sure 370 is right, they are massive! even the renault master van is only 305. The biggest I could find is 324 on the mk4 dci. You can fit the smaller disks if you get some second hand caliper hangers from another dci. Let us know how you go.
Valfrid

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 11:26:55 pm »

Well, that will teach me for shouting measurements to my wife to record - I measure 30.7cm and she recorded 37cm... They are actually 305mm so problem solved! I really did think they neither looked or could be 37cm! Thanks Brian for the sanity check and I now have a lovely new pair of 305mm Bendix discs bedding in nicely with some nice Bendix new brake pads... All is now good (the old ones were so worn they were on the limit of complete failure). Just the rear brakes to sort, some rust at the top of the offside turret, a new mid-section exhaust and an inner drive shaft boot - although I'll probably just go for a recon driveshaft complete...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: