| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: marta simca bagheera 2 restauration  (Read 16016 times)
Filip Vrchakovski

« on: July 26, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »

Hello, i have 1.3 marta simca bagheera 2 which my father bought in `78.I want to make full restauration of her.Can you please tell me which parts are hardest to find these days and what to pay attention during the restauration.Any other tips are welcome.I don`t want to make any modifications od the engine and body and i`ll try to be as original as it was back in the days.Thanks
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 09:21:53 pm »

There are many parts that may need replacing but it depends upon how the car has been stored e.g. in a dry garage or on an open air driveway, or worst, in a grassy field!

I recommend you should buy "Bagheera Repair Guide" written by Phil Kitch of the Matra Enthusiasts' Club UK. He has restored many Bagheeras (I have done 4 myself) but I always ask him first when I don't know the answer! Order through the Club, costs less than 10 Euro.

To start with, take off the easy body panels (Sills, front bumper, Nose Cone, Rear Bumper, rear wings). Photograph the steel under the panels and post the pictures on this forum. That will let us advise what you should do first.

If there is lots of rust, or worse still holes, do not be put off. My first restoration (1990) was like that and the car is still here (the grey one in the picture)! I made most of the new steel parts myself as I did not know where to find them (I didn't even know that there was a Matra Club at the time!). Nearly all the steel is hidden by the GRP and cannot be seen when the body panels are re-fitted. Andy

Back in business for fun!
JL

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

Sound advice from Andy, rust is likely to be your main issue.

Good Luck
John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: