| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Remote Oilfilter  (Read 8285 times)
krede
YaBB God

« on: June 01, 2014, 07:48:58 am »

Does anybody here , have any experiences with a remote oil filter set up on a murena 2.2?   
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:45:30 am »

Does anybody here , have any experiences with a remote oil filter set up on a murena 2.2?  
Haven't done it yet on my own. A while back I checked several remote oil filter kits, but did not find one that will be an easy fit. If I recall it was the correct thread size / adapter diameter that I did not find.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:08:52 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 06:32:04 pm »

Yes.  What did you want to know?  I fitted one many years ago to my original Murena for two reasons: first I could position the filter where it was easy to replace and also use a more common thread.  The block has a 16 mm thread but the two common sizes here are 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch.  Also by fitting the filter so it hung down, when changing it, there is no oil spillage so it can be done cleanly.  With the one on the block being part upside down, as soon as you slacken it off the oil always runs out and down the block making a mess!  So this way you can have a more common filter, which can be slightly larger too, and the change is easy and clean.

I had a local company who provided the block filter adaptor and remote head make up the hoses to my requirements.  Can't remember the costs now and as it was a long while ago it will be more expensive now anyway, but it is not that expensive really.

Roy

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:00 pm »

Yes.  What did you want to know? 
Roy

I was hoping someone knew where to get the parts I need to fit one for Hans and myself. We have the tools an fittings to make hydraulic hoses at work , so that pats shouldn't pose any problems, but I have not been able to find an adaptor that I trust will fit on the engine.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 10:55:23 pm »

Yes.  What did you want to know? 
Roy

I was hoping someone knew where to get the parts I need to fit one for Hans and myself. We have the tools an fittings to make hydraulic hoses at work , so that pats shouldn't pose any problems, but I have not been able to find an adaptor that I trust will fit on the engine.

I will contact them and see if they can still supply the adaptors.  Do you also need the remote filter heads?   If so, which size would you prefer 1/2" or 3/4"?

Roy

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 09:18:52 pm »

Thanks for the help Roy. Yes I would need the remote filter heads as well. But come to think of it, I will need to get back to you about the actual size since, come to think of it, they will go onto a pug 505 block, that uses a different oil filter if I am correct.
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 09:01:07 am »

I have just been checking on my two engines: On the Murena engine the tread in the block and for the oil filter are the same i.e. 16mm x 1.5. On the Peugeot 505 Turbo engine the tread on the engine side is 16mm x 1.5 while the tread on the filter side is 20mm x 1.5. As the tread in the engine block are identical the two adapters are interchangeable.
The seal on the filters are identical: inside diameter 59 mm outside diameter 71 (Approximately).
Hans
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 10:48:29 am »

Thanks for the help Roy. Yes I would need the remote filter heads as well. But come to think of it, I will need to get back to you about the actual size since, come to think of it, they will go onto a pug 505 block, that uses a different oil filter if I am correct.

That depends.  If you are talking about a Peugeot 505 Turbo, then the block *is* the Murena block.  The Peugeot 505 Turbo uses the Chrysler/Simca/Talbot 180 engine NOT its normal one.  So as I stated before and Hans has also said, the thread is 16 mm x 1.5 mm.  The normal 505 aluminium engine was not considered strong enough for turbo-charging so they used the cast iron Murena/Tagora engine instead.  The normal 505 aluminium engine is the Douvrin J engine also used in the Renault, and therefore the filter will be the 20 mm x 1.5 mm thread the same as my Espace 1 uses.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:13:25 am by roy4matra » Logged

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 07:05:00 am »

Yes, I am talking about a 505 turbo blok, i know is almost identical to the Murena 2.2 lump (and just as heavy!!). I just had gotten into my mind that it somehow had a different thread for the oil filter than the Murena.

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 06:35:32 pm »

Yes, I am talking about a 505 turbo blok, i know is almost identical to the Murena 2.2 lump (and just as heavy!!). I just had gotten into my mind that it somehow had a different thread for the oil filter than the Murena.

It's possible that Peugeot, in an effort to make the same oil filters fit both standard and turbo blocks, used a thread adaptor, so converting the 16mmx1.5mm to the 20mmx1.5mm.  If that is so, you could simply remove the adaptor.

The company that does the 16mm block filter adaptor is Think Automotive.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: