| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena 1.6 air filter  (Read 7343 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: June 08, 2014, 12:53:23 pm »

I have always had 2.2 Murena so I hadn't come across this particular problem until recently.  I found that the standard 1.6 Murena air filter is another item that is no longer available or at least extremely hard to obtain.  I have one new filter in my stock if anyone needs one but that is the last.  How do other 1.6 owners cope?  Have you found an alternative?  Whilst you can get a long term K&N filter for the Murena 2.2 they don't list one for the 1.6 and when I emailed them directly, they say they have nothing close that could be used.  However, I feel that if we can get a wire mesh type cleanable filter this will solve the problem.  I am approaching another company that say they can make custom filters, to see if we can get some wire mesh ones made to the right specification.  If they say 'yes', how many 1.6 owners out there would be interested?

Roy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:55:34 pm by roy4matra » Logged

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 04:28:09 pm »

The filter on the 1.6 is also used by some models of the Peugeot 305, 1.3 litre petrol I think as well as the 304 coupe and convertible.  The last one I bought came from www.mister-auto.co.uk their product code is BOL-B031328 but when I checked today they were out of stock.  On the filter housing of my car there is a part reference EL 1958.  Googling this bring up a couple of French suppliers who can supply them.  It is a Mecafilter product and the part is still listed in their current catalogue http://www.mecafilter.com/catalogue/index.php?cat=1-2-3-4&marque=674&modele=2061&sousmodele=2584&vehicule=77829  Hope this helps, but in answer to your original question, I would be interested in a bespoke product if one can be produced at a reasonable price, otherwise why not pick up a load in France next time you're there?
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 05:46:20 am »

Look here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TALBOT-MURENA-AIR-FILTER-1-6-81-to-85-Mahle-Lx135-/111230871472

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
GP

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:14:46 pm »

Not relevant to the 1.6 obviously but K&N do a nice original / performance  type replacement for the 2.2 which may be of interest to some of you?

http://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/appsearch.aspx?type=auto&year=1980&make=TALBOT&model=Matra+Murena&engine=2.2L
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:11:11 pm »

The trouble Oetker is they don't actually have any!  Usual internet rubbish - they say they have stock when they don't.  And we checked with Mahle and they say they are discontinued, so these stockist think they can simply get some to fulfil any order but then they found out they can't.  So don't believe all you see on the internet.

As Graham has pointed out (and it has been on my website for some time) you can get a K&N filter for the 2.2 but they don't list one for the 1.6 model.  However, I am close to getting the part number of the K&N filter that will fit the 1.6 once I have seen a 1.6 filter housing and measured it accurately.  So keep an eye on my website (Murena alternative parts) for more info, soon.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:15:08 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 05:27:53 pm »

we still have some in clubstock but it was found a few years ago and also difficult to find.
Aso there are much faulty factorynumbers in the books.
Fram list one that does not fit.
They should not be higher then 5 cm as far as I can recall.
Because i'm in Turkey at the moment I don't have acces to my resources to verify.

Herman

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 02:00:26 pm »

The trouble Oetker is they don't actually have any!  Usual internet rubbish - they say they have stock when they don't.  And we checked with Mahle and they say they are discontinued, so these stockist think they can simply get some to fulfil any order but then they found out they can't.  So don't believe all you see on the internet.

I am close to getting the part number of the K&N filter that will fit the 1.6 once I have seen a 1.6 filter housing and measured it accurately.  So keep an eye on my website (Murena alternative parts) for more info, soon.

Roy
I ordered one of those eBay filters and the vendor came back a few days later and said there were no stocks and gave me a refund.  If you need a filter housing for  a 1.6, I've got a spare one you can borrow in order to measure/trial fit, just let me know before Beaulieu.
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 09:08:27 am »

Picture of my filter in the 1.6
I did not try it yet because I still have new but it looks if you can make a new insert of a quality foam easy.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: