| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace V6 question  (Read 6024 times)
WessexElectricNutter

« on: June 22, 2014, 06:28:58 pm »

Does anyone have an (unmodified!) Espace V6? Mine has an LPG conversion which quite frankly, I want to get rid of as in the area of West Sussex I live, the nearest "LPG" or "Autogas" petrol stations are only Shell's one and are at least 9 miles away from me. Here's mine and I want to get an idea what I have to remove. I'm also interested in the wires around the battery that mine has gained.

(These are all thumbnails, so click on one to see a bigger size of that photo/image)
Any ideas what needs to go into the bin?

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (Automatic) (1996)
Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (manual) was 1.2 (1997) - under repair
Renault Espace III 2.2 DCi Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Renault Espace III 3.0 V6 Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Vauxhall Omega 2.5L V6 Elite (1998) - under repair
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:52:57 am »

I have a V6 like yours without LPG. I suggest you get in touch with the German Espace Freunde forum. There has been quite a few V6's converted to LPG in Germany and I'm sure there's someone here who can help...

http://www.espace-freunde.de/

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
BrianM

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:21:19 pm »

Lpg is a simple system. Find the main ecu for it that is attached to the lpg injectors & petrol injectors. Remove the ecu & wiring. You should be able to just disconnect - reconnect the fuel injectors. Remove the switch from the dash, also find the 12v & ign. feeds from the switch. Disconnect from the lambda exhaust sensor, (probably a solder joint). Disconnect from the cooling system, you may need a couple of hose connectors & clips if they cut the originals to put the t's in to feed the evaporator.
Put it all in a box with the evaporator & hoses & send to me for fitting to mine Smiley I can send you an inlet manifold if you want one rather than blocking the jets. The tank I assume is underneath where the spare wheel should be. It is held in place by four bolts. Just cut the pipes if you cant be bothered to undo them. Simples!
WessexElectricNutter

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:32:37 pm »

Put it all in a box with the evaporator & hoses & send to me for fitting to mine Smiley I can send you an inlet manifold if you want one rather than blocking the jets. The tank I assume is underneath where the spare wheel should be. It is held in place by four bolts.

I knew it wouldn't take me long to find someone who wants it :-)
LPG has a history of causing problems with my car hence why I don't really want it, although I'm more into Alage/E85 ( Ethanol) as they require little modification to the engine. Now to find the time to take it off! Plus the cambelt has no history so that needs doing. Since I found there are few(er) grand espaces with V6 engines (and an initiale version looks very tempting to swap with... But I prefer my full leathers!) then I thought about keeping it all original except bluetooth really, that's a necessary due to my roster clerk(s).

At least my joke of "If I want to extend the range, all I need to do is fart in the tank" no longer would stand.

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (Automatic) (1996)
Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (manual) was 1.2 (1997) - under repair
Renault Espace III 2.2 DCi Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Renault Espace III 3.0 V6 Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Vauxhall Omega 2.5L V6 Elite (1998) - under repair
BrianM

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 12:24:12 am »

Yes, but I have to get mine going on petrol first Smiley I have had a hydrogen generator on it which was nice except the ecu recognised I was using a lambda replacement & kept going into get you home mode & just burnt more fuel!!
matramurena

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 11:54:55 am »

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: