| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Front brake discs?  (Read 3381 times)
lewisman

« on: July 20, 2014, 03:00:09 pm »

My memory is letting me down so I would be grateful if someone would confirm whether the Murena front discs are the same as the ones for a Talbot Alpine / Solara
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 05:47:55 pm »

My memory is letting me down so I would be grateful if someone would confirm whether the Murena front discs are the same as the ones for a Talbot Alpine / Solara

Not necessarily.  There is more than one size fitted.

The part number you want for the front discs of a Murena (1.6 or 2.2) are 17740314 for a single one.  However they were often sold as a pair and also the later numbers changed to a 6 digit number originally with a full stop after 4 but later they forgot the dot and just quoted 6 digits.  The discs should be 240mm dia. (239.7mm to be exact) and 11mm thick.  Some of the ones you see listed are a slightly smaller diameter, e.g. 237mm and since the more material the better for absorbing the heat and these are fronts which do more work, you want the correct size preferably.

I have one plain pair of originals left or there are the Simon discs which are grooved and crossed drilled but obviously a bit more expensive.

You can't have vented discs as 11mm thick is not enough to have this, so Simons discs give a sort of 'half way house'.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:54:39 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: