| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: When was there last a good 2.2 Murena for sale in the UK?  (Read 22899 times)
lewisman

« on: November 19, 2014, 11:16:19 pm »

There have been a few restoration project on ebay but nothing nice for sale for a while.  Does this mean that there are not many left or just that everyone is holding on to them?
TimS

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:54:27 pm »

Hopefully holding on to them, although at the  NEC last week I was told there might be a good one coming up for sale.
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:21:39 pm »

Hopefully holding on to them, although at the  NEC last week I was told there might be a good one coming up for sale.
There was one on the website recently, but it was sold very quickly
northmurena

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 01:53:31 pm »

Not in the UK, but there´s only a little bit water between:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Talbot-Matra-Murena-2-2-S-einmaliges-Unikat-eines-franzosischen-Klassikers-/261683692729?pt=Automobile&hash=item3ced9044b9
lewisman

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:57:45 pm »

Sorry, although there might be a good car in there somewhere, that doesn't fit with my idea of a good murena.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:51:34 pm »

There have been a few restoration project on ebay but nothing nice for sale for a while.  Does this mean that there are not many left or just that everyone is holding on to them?

There are now very few Murena in the U.K. in good condition and on the road.  As I stated in the club magazine, there are only around 15 on the road at the beginning of the year.  All the really nice ones have been owned for many years by the same owners and why would they want to sell such a superb car?  The only ones that do come up for sale are ones that have been left to deteriorate and then finally the owner decides it has to go.

However, there might be a nice 2.2 available soon as the owner is planning to buy a really good genuine 'S' from Europe and therefore his present 2.2 (owned for many years) will be up for sale.  Also the blue 2.2 I am running at present will be for sale later this year when I have finished all the work I have planned to bring it to top condition.

Roy

tog0035

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 11:48:38 pm »

hello matramen . there is a murena 1.6 project for sale on donedeal.ie  'vendor is asking €1000  . The car is listed under vintage and classic section. Something looks offstandard in engine compartment. can anyone confirm this .  Hello Roy how is my old car progressing /Regards TOG
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 08:13:15 pm »

Hello Roy how is my old car progressing /Regards TOG

It is running well now Terry, giving about 31 mpg consistently, and reliable enough that I have been to Europe twice without problems or anything other than fluid checks, and I'm going for a 10-day round Europe holiday in it in July, taking in Spa, Nurburgring, St.Bernadino pass over the Alps, Monza, Turin and Clermont Ferrand and past Le Mans on the way back plus Paris.  Just want to get the bumpers repainted to make it look better.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: