| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Replace Espace 3 speed auto box with Laguna tiptronic?  (Read 4623 times)
hrmarmg

« on: February 17, 2015, 12:45:51 am »

My 2000 V6 petrol Espace needs a new auto box.  I also have a well looked after low mileage 2002 V6 petrol Laguna with a tiptronic box.  Does anyone know if a box swap is a possibility?  (or any other bits from the Laguna for that matter).  Thanks. Roger
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:32:16 pm »

Hi, I did contemplate this mod in the past & decided it not worth it. If you look at them they are not similar due to mounting & cooling pipes. You should be able to find a dpo box. It may be easier to change to a manual box found in the pug. I previously used a dpo box out of a diesel citroen. I just needed to split the box so i could use the original bell housing. My tale of woe is here on the forum Sad
WessexElectricNutter

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:30:14 pm »

Hi, I did contemplate this mod in the past & decided it not worth it. If you look at them they are not similar due to mounting & cooling pipes. You should be able to find a dpo box. It may be easier to change to a manual box found in the pug. I previously used a dpo box out of a diesel citroen. I just needed to split the box so i could use the original bell housing. My tale of woe is here on the forum Sad

I think I found it for the other user: http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,2451.0.html
Do you mean that? It intrigues me as I thought if my box was on the way out, would a DPO box work? (Since they seem, to be easier to find) Also, are they more reliable?

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (Automatic) (1996)
Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (manual) was 1.2 (1997) - under repair
Renault Espace III 2.2 DCi Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Renault Espace III 3.0 V6 Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Vauxhall Omega 2.5L V6 Elite (1998) - under repair
BrianM

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:30:18 am »

Sorry my mistake. The box is the ZF 4HP20 (LMO)  not the dpo. It is also used by Citroen, Fiat, Alfa & Mercedes You would need to search for 4hp20 as that is on the id plate.
Yes thats my gbox thread. I just re-uploaded the pics.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:34:17 am by BrianM » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: