| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena - Venturi replica  (Read 7442 times)
hru

Murena Lover :-)

« on: November 04, 2006, 05:26:07 pm »

I was searching the internet for pictures of Murenas, and fell over these two pages:

http://membres.lycos.fr/matramurenacomp/
See pictures under Venturi

THEN I got curios and found these pages:

http://www.automobile-sportive.com/guide/venturi/venturi.php

It seems as the venturi is developed from murena and has been manufactured for many years after.

Anybody knows the history behind ?

BR
Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:57:53 pm »

The "real" Venturi looks awsome.. but i prefer the original Murena over the "replica"... by far!
Will Falconer

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 10:45:27 am »

No, the Venturi was not developed from the Murena although it's true that it also started life with the 2.2 engine.

There's a very good history herelHttp://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=103&i=3624

However there was a PRV V6 development of the Murena. I had an article about it from a Spanish magazine which I had translated many years ago, but unfortunately have now lost.

The article suggested that a French company had bought the tooling from Matra to make the Murena chassis and panels and they bolted a V6 in the back.

The real problem with it was demonstrated by the picture at the top of the article - a line-up of a Venturi , an Alpine A610 and the Murena V6 which with bodywork changes looked like a cross between the two. What was the point of France building 3 mid/rear engine V6 sportscarsthat look awfully similar?

I think the built two prototypes before disappearing into history...
Will Falconer

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 12:20:34 pm »

Sorry that should be:
Http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=103&i=3624

I think the Murena V6 was called an SLV6, which might have caused the wrath of a German manufacturer to close the company down.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: