| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: conversion to gti 1.9 (XU9JA)  (Read 1664 times)
efijy
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


« on: September 02, 2015, 11:10:46 pm »

Hello,

I'm new to matra and planning to rebuild Murena 1.6
I have done some research and know that Peugeot gti 1.9 8v engine fits Murena
I have question about axels and muffler:
Does Peugeot axels fit to Murena or Murena axels fit to Peugeot engine? (don't want to cut and weld axels)
Does Murena muffler fit to Peugeot engine? (don't want to cut and weld muffler)

Regards
Logged
Oetker
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 1048



« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:15:32 am »

All you don't want is needed.
Look at the pictures how Bart did it.

http://www.maztra.nl/C1900_inb_1.html

Later he build in the Mazda engine because he was not happy with the gti conversion.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:19:10 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Oetker
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 1048



« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 09:24:21 am »

Maybe to find more info here.

http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Murena/Conv/index.html
Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
efijy
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:46:18 pm »

Thank you for the answer
Maybe i consider rebuilding 1.6
Logged
Bart_Maztra
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 207



« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 01:04:22 pm »

Engine conversion in general:

Figure out best position of engine. (very important)
Petroltank might be in the way, so cut or relocate
Use original engine chassis mounts Smiley, or get the grinder/welder? Cry
Make engine mounts
make drive shafts
make exhaust manifold
adapt cooling hoses/pipes (also for interior heating)
adapt excisting electrics. (starter motor, oil pressure light, alternator, reverse light, ignition, etc.)
adapt ECU wiring
adapt clutch operation
adapt gear linkage

The GTI engine is a lovely engine.  But it is a lot of work to do a proper conversion. It is not a case of bolting a different engine in.  Actualy, if the new engine is bolted in, you have only 5% done. The other 95% are all thing stated above.
Several murena's are lost because people start with a conversion, and stranded.
Logged

efijy
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:45 pm »

This car has sayed outside for 20 years.
Tomorrow i'll bring it to my garage.
We will see what happens Grin
Logged
Bart_Maztra
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 207



« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 08:13:50 pm »

Custom stainless manifold for GTI engine in murena. Connect to standard 2.2 exhaust. Made myself Grin





Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: