| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: EOW 1W MATRA 1.9 RESTORATION  (Read 212893 times)
TELBOY

« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2019, 03:50:29 pm »

Finished!!!! Even I shouldn't get these mixed up if their is a "next time"
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2019, 10:02:58 pm »

Finished!!!! Even I shouldn't get these mixed up if their is a "next time"

It looks very, very good! Congratulations! There are four tabs about 3 cm length and 0.5 cm wide potruding down from the plastic cover which is screwed on the metal bracket and on which the lid fits. The PCB fits into these four tabs.

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
TELBOY

« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2019, 02:13:07 pm »

Thanks Anders. Sometimes I am astounded by my own stupidity.
Needs a good clean!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 02:35:06 pm by TELBOY » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2019, 08:51:07 pm »

Thanks Anders. Sometimes I am astounded by my own stupidity.
Needs a good clean!

LOL - remember, there are no stupid questions......  Grin

Used to own:
TELBOY

« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2019, 09:48:47 pm »

Yeah.........just my answers...lol
TELBOY

« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2019, 02:45:51 pm »

Seat covers have arrived so I thought although not ready I would check them out. This is obviously the head rest! not too bad a fit but with a little patience a needle and cotton the result, I think, are very good!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 02:52:25 pm by TELBOY » Logged
TELBOY

« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2019, 02:10:58 pm »

lovely sunny day!
But on a different note am seriously thinking about putting the manual windows back in the car!!!!!!
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2019, 02:15:23 pm »

lovely sunny day!
But on a different note am seriously thinking about putting the manual windows back in the car!!!!!!

Wow, that's looking classy! Why the manual windows? Cheesy

Used to own:
TELBOY

« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2019, 04:01:06 pm »

It originally had manual windows and trying to fit the electric ones is a right pain, so will refit the originals and maybe fit the electric ones at a later date.
murramor

« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2019, 08:24:18 am »

Well done re the trimming.  You're keeping the lines nice and square - which I is harder than it at first appears.

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2019, 09:38:49 am »

It originally had manual windows and trying to fit the electric ones is a right pain, so will refit the originals and maybe fit the electric ones at a later date.

The Murena had different door mechanisms for manual or electric windows so it is not as straight forward as you might think.  Are you trying to fit motors or your manual system or are you replacing the complete system?  Are you using the original mechanisms and motors from a Murena that had electric windows, or a third party system?

If you are trying to fit a genuine Murena electric window system, there is a knack to how it fits, and you don't need to cut any of the inner door glass fibre which I have seen some people do.  That only weakens the door structure anyway, and is unnecessary.

Roy

TELBOY

« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2019, 01:41:24 pm »

Hi Roy,

Not too sure if you remember but the original had had electric windows fitted which didnt work. The drivers door window was held up with a piece of wood when i took the  panal off (all those years ago) they are original Matra regulater and motor however the regulators have been messed about with and the doors fibreglass has been hacked with a hacksaw and parts of it are held together with cable ties!!!!! I managed to get motors and regulkators from a Renault 9 but the regulators are different. Am sure that with alot of patience i can get them working and mounted but it is sould destroying. I am at work at the moment (yes I do occasionally)
will see if I can upload some photos later. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:56:22 pm by TELBOY » Logged
TELBOY

« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2019, 06:01:46 pm »

This is the sorry state of the doors!
The first two pictures are the current drivers door which had the window held up by a lump of wood!
The third the passenger side and the last one is a spare drivers door!
Was thinking of fabricating  a new panel from sheet steel and riveting it to what is left of the interior. As you can see the door support where the handle goes when you pul to shut the door has also been cut. I do have another two of these but they are different to the current ones fitted to EOW.
As my spare isn't too bad apart from the large crack and the small section cut out I may have no option but to swap it over but I am always dubious about removing door pins as when I did it to my old Baggy half the "A" section crumbled away and that will not solve the problem of the dodgy actuator!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:22:56 pm by TELBOY » Logged
TELBOY

« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2019, 07:05:14 pm »

Drivers side electric window is now working. I made a steel plate to reinforce (repair) the plastic part. Unfortunatly I forgot to take photos of the finished article before fitting! but it works well. However I have a problem with the passenger side. I think I have a broken wire somewhere.
The motor works freely from the drivers switch but will only go one way from the passenger switch. I have swapped motors and all the switches around but it still refuses to go in both directions!!!!!! Totally flumped!!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:16:06 pm by TELBOY » Logged
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2019, 02:24:09 pm »

Drivers side electric window is now working. I made a steel plate to reinforce (repair) the plastic part. Unfortunatly I forgot to take photos of the finished article before fitting! but it works well. However I have a problem with the passenger side. I think I have a broken wire somewhere.
The motor works freely from the drivers switch but will only go one way from the passenger switch. I have swapped motors and all the switches around but it still refuses to go in both directions!!!!!! Totally flumped!!!!

If you check my wiring diagram, you will see that BOTH drivers and passenger door switches for the passenger door window, have to be in good condition for the window motor to work.  It may sound odd, but the power to the passenger door switch comes from the circuit board (green plug pin 6) but the 'earth' goes all the way back across to the drivers door switch first and then to the real earth.  So there is no direct earth at the passenger door.  Also when you press the drivers door switch to operate the passenger window the power now comes from the drivers door switch 3B, (circuit board green plug pin 3) NOT the passenger one!  Therefore you cannot easily test the motor using the wires in the passenger door alone.

Again referring to the wiring diagram, the two wires to the motor itself are initially dead, and when one of the switches is operated the power will go to one side of the motor and the other will connect to earth.  If you reverse the switch to operate the motor the opposite way, the power and earth are switched over to make the motor operate the other way.  So either wire can be power or earth depending on how the switch is operated.  The reason the earth goes back through the drivers door switches are to prevent any shorting.  Suppose the passenger switch was operated for the 'down' direction just as the drivers switch was operated for the up direction - you could be connecting power to earth directly and cause a short circuit!  But because the drivers door switch is the route to earth for the passenger door switch, that cannot happen.  Once the drivers door switch is operated the passenger door switch looses its route to earth and you cannot get a short.

Now since we know your passenger window will operate 'freely' as you put it, from the drivers door switch (and I assume that means up and down?) then we know that provided no-one has altered the wiring from the original, then all the wiring between the drivers door and the and passenger door switches appears to be good, and also between the passenger door and the passenger door motor is fine.  The circuit would be this: drivers door power 3B to 35Y across to passenger switch 35Y then to 35X and to motor, and the motor 37X back to passenger switch and then 37Y back to drivers switch 37Y and finally to earth 110B.  To go in the opposite direction we have 3B to 37Y to 37X to motor and motor 35X to switches 35Y to earth 110B.

From the passenger door switch the circuits would be this: power 3A to 35X to motor, and motor 37X to 37Y back to drivers door and to earth 110B; or for the opposite direction 3A to 37X to motor, and motor 35X to 35Y to earth 110B again via drivers door.

Since the operation from the drivers door you say is good both up and down, we know the circuits across the car must be good and also the wiring to the motor must be good.  A process of elimination says that only leaves the fault to be in one of the two switches that were connected for operation of the passenger door window.

So connect all three switches one after the other to the drivers door window motor and check the operation of the drivers door window up and down.  With one of the switches, it should only go one way and that will be the faulty switch.  You might ask 'why test the switches on the drivers door window?' and the reason is simply that window only requires one switch and has direct wiring so eliminates any other complication.

The only other possible way this fault could result, is if someone has altered the wiring from the standard original wiring, and I would have to know exactly what has been done to try to work it out.  Since the system has been apart before by someone who doesn't understand it (witness the damage done to the doors) this possible wiring alteration is certainly a possibility!

Roy
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 03:03:39 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: