| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't open trunk!  (Read 6461 times)
MURENA VETERAN

« on: December 20, 2015, 06:40:07 pm »

The cable, to open the trunk ,is broken -so I want to renew it.
But when pulling from either end-I can't move it (and that  goes for both inner or outher part).
To come down to the handle-does it run over a wheel or running through a 90 degree bent pipe?
Anybody have an idee to solve it?
Happy Christmas to you all.
John
GP

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:52:22 pm »

The cable, to open the trunk ,is broken -so I want to renew it.
But when pulling from either end-I can't move it (and that  goes for both inner or outher part).
To come down to the handle-does it run over a wheel or running through a 90 degree bent pipe?
Anybody have an idee to solve it?
Happy Christmas to you all.
John
Hi, no wheels or 90 deg. elbows involved front or rear, just an inner cable with a hard plastic outer liner. For transatlantic type clarity what are you trying to open, the battery/spare wheel compartment front bonnet or the rear glass to the storage area/engine bay?

This may be your answer though: http://www.matraclub.com/02modelos/murena/automurena/tips/tips.htm
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:10:49 pm by GP » Logged
MURENA VETERAN

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:19:04 am »

Sorry-I'm trying to open the rear glas-not throug the taillite,but with the handle on the B-pole.
The cable running from this handle to the trunk has seized-I cannot pull the innerpart out ( that is in both directions )
also the outher plastic cable has seized.
John
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 04:36:24 pm »

Sorry-I'm trying to open the rear glas-not throug the taillite,but with the handle on the B-pole.
The cable running from this handle to the trunk has seized-I cannot pull the innerpart out ( that is in both directions )
also the outher plastic cable has seized.
John

The cable runs through the top of the trunk and engine compartment before entering the B-pillar. It may be jammed or held in place by a clip in the engine compartment. Mine has nothing holding it in the trunk, except where it ends at the lock.
I have replaced the inner cable in mine and lubricate it with silicone grease.
If you are unable to open the window and have a newer model where removing the tail light doesn't give you an opening to access the lock, then you can make a "tool" out of 2mm piano wire.
Make 5mm bend at the end, then a Z bend about 8-10 cm from that end and 2 cm wide. You can wiggle the end between glass and rubber seal, then twist so the hook grabs the lock and pull it to open. Repeat at the other side.
Had to do that numerous times until I got the new wire and adjusted the locks. It is not easy to get it just right. It helps if the cable between the locks also has an outer cable, so there is no flex and both locks operate as one. Good luck. Wink

Matranaut par excellence Cool
MURENA VETERAN

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 08:00:26 pm »

One more time----the rear glas window is open (has been too long) the case is: the inner wire is stuck inside the plastic
outer part.
 I think that I'm not the only one,who have seen this problem.
My guess is: From the handle( on the B-pole ),the cable runs vertical-then horizontal on its way back.
In the bend (vertical/horizontal) I suspect  the inner part has worn the plastic and now are stuck,and therefore
I can't get it loose.
I certainly hope, that I don't have to take off the rear wing.

Please somebody---give me an advice on what to do---then it will be a merry Christmas.
GP

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »

Ho Ho Ho,

Just removed my latch to check and yes the outer cable is fixed fast on mine too.

I have replaced the inner cable on mine in the past and I never removed the wing (and never want too!). If you drill out the rivets in the forward rear wheel arch lining and remove it you should be able to gain access and see what's going on hopefully?
The rear wing does spring out quite a lot around the latch if you drill out the rivets here too and maybe the lower fixings in the wheel arch. I replaced my rivets with rivnuts and domed aluminium bolts afterwards for convenience.

Keep us posted on your adventure!
MURENA VETERAN

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 10:13:58 pm »

Thanks Graham!

When looking at your brilliant pictures,I do beieve,that my problem soon will be non exsisting.
I will be back,when I can look inside the wing.
                                                                    John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: