| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stainless steel cooling pipes  (Read 6816 times)
Gib

« on: December 31, 2015, 10:14:10 am »

I would like to replace mine but have no idea of the best way foward. Buy from the usual suspects if they have them on the shelf or take the old ones of and get them copied. I live in the UK but work just south of Rotterdam and can get them shipped. Also not sure if mine are free from distortion so could do with dimensions if any one has them.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 04:56:38 pm »

I would like to replace mine but have no idea of the best way foward. Buy from the usual suspects if they have them on the shelf or take the old ones of and get them copied. I live in the UK but work just south of Rotterdam and can get them shipped. Also not sure if mine are free from distortion so could do with dimensions if any one has them.
I got mine from Will Falconer here:

Will Falconer
St Francis
Chelvey Road
Backwell
North Somerset
BS48 4AD
01275 463633
07831 617524

Don't recall what I paid, but they were super nice. Got heating pipes too.
 Also check out my post about them here:
http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,1643.0.html

In there you will also find instructions and drawings on how to make the straps out of stainless steel.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:02:22 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
GP

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 01:50:32 pm »

If this is the set of 4 x cooling pipes pipes from Simon I would not mess around trying to get them copied for this price:

http://www.simon-auto-shop.com/shop/cgi-bin/shop.dll?SESSIONID=0201859407592565&AnbieterID=16&sprachdir=../en/&Sprache=EN&hauptseite=detail.htm&KatalogID=619&bnr=06011
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 02:00:44 pm »

Please note that Simon´s price is for one pipe only i.e. a set of two is 178,5 Euro, the heating pipes are an additionel 39 euro.
But still and acceptable price to me.

regards Hasn
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 02:03:06 pm »

If this is the set of 4 x cooling pipes pipes from Simon I would not mess around trying to get them copied for this price:

http://www.simon-auto-shop.com/shop/cgi-bin/shop.dll?SESSIONID=0201859407592565&AnbieterID=16&sprachdir=../en/&Sprache=EN&hauptseite=detail.htm&KatalogID=619&bnr=06011

The description on Simons shop says "Rechts" and "Links" by the two pictures. To me that means that they are €89.25 each, plus €39.00 for the heating pipes. €217.50 in all. I don't think Will Falconer (Matra Magic) was much cheaper than that.

Update! Just looked at his site. A complete set is £174.00, which is slightly more than Simons. So it comes down to shipping cost which deal is better.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:15:25 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:10:03 am »

Now you are in Holland, ask Carjoy.

Gib

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:58 pm »

So after going through all the prices ADD VAT!!! I went with Carjoy as they got them to work in Zuidland for £220. Comparable to everyone else. Before I fit them the aim is to get the dimensions so in the future if they are needed they will be available. SS tube is about £70 so if you can bend yourself you can save but to be honest there is not a huge margin on these when you add in the labour.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 12:02:24 am »

So after going through all the prices ADD VAT!!!

This is something most people miss at first - the prices on Simon Auto's website include tax, whilst the Carjoy website they do not.  Also there are more pipes on a Murena than the four that run along under the car.  If the car is a 2.2 there are actually seven pipes altogether.  The are the four under the car, two more up to the engine and the complex one that runs under the inlet manifold.  On a 1.6 it uses the same four under the car but only two to the engine which are different to the 2.2 model.  If you are replacing the original pipes with s.s. you should really do all of them; especially as the one I have seen corrode through on a 2.2 is the complex one under the manifold.  They get a pin hole and leak the coolant away slowly and it is often not spotted for a while.

Since the Simon (or Carjoy) ones are already made with all the right bends and brackets, there is hardly any point in trying to have others made up since the cost including labour means there will probably be little difference in cost.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:05:54 am by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: