| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HELP PLEASE..................  (Read 7472 times)
TELBOY

« on: April 30, 2016, 07:18:31 pm »

Work is continuing on EOW1W......set about removing panels and left hand driveshaft to remove engine from Donna! I needed the swing arm but this is  "U.S"!. I know they are as rare as hens teeth but anyone got a good serviceable one for a 2.2 I could purchase?Huh? I am not hopeful so could anyone tell me what "SIMONS" prices are all about? He lists them for just under 550 euros, but also lists the same part with a "p" next to the number for 120 euros!!!!  with a "deposit" Is this an exchange price? any info on this or anyone with a "spare" or any other place that can supply it would be really appreciated...............also gonna post this in my oyher blog.

Thanks Terry
TELBOY

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 07:22:01 pm »

Sorry....drivers side!!!!!
GP

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 07:45:39 pm »

Hello,

I do have one from a 2.2 but never looked too close at it.

It is stored in a dry shed elsewhere, but I will try and get there tomorrow and check it out.

Keep you posted,

Graham
TELBOY

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 07:48:53 pm »

Very much appreciated Graham.
Terry
GP

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 06:17:28 pm »

Hi Terry,

Found a very nice solid  2.2 "Hens Tooth" for you!

Bit of loose rust inside, a couple of small holes where a tie-wrap was used and the remains of a bracket used for an aftermarket shock previously.

P.M. me with an offer if interested?

Cheers,

Graham

P.S. I live near Brands Hatch in KENT if you want to collect.
TELBOY

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 08:28:39 pm »

Shocked
Looks good GP. Don't want to insult you as I don't know what these go for so whatever you think is a fair price I will pay! I am working from tomorrow till Tuesday week and live near Heathrow but work in North London so can arrange pick up and collection at a mutual time. Look forward to hearing from you. PM me with the price and a few dates to collect.
 Tel
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 11:19:59 pm »

Work is continuing on EOW1W......set about removing panels and left hand driveshaft to remove engine from Donna! I needed the swing arm but this is  "U.S"!. I know they are as rare as hens teeth but anyone got a good serviceable one for a 2.2 I could purchase?Huh?

Are you sure you have 2.2 trailing arms on that car Terry?  The car was a 1.6 (converted with a 1.9 engine) and the trailing arms have important different dimensions.  The track is wider on a 2.2 compared to a 1.6 and the caliper mounting is further back to allow for the larger rear discs.  So if you have 2.2 trailing arms you need 2.2 rear brake discs too otherwise the pads will only be half on the 1.6 discs.

I am not hopeful so could anyone tell me what "SIMONS" prices are all about? He lists them for just under 550 euros, but also lists the same part with a "p" next to the number for 120 euros!!!!

Thanks Terry

Yes the hub is required back on exchange, so there is a deposit against that return.

I'll be sending you a PM terry so please check your email.

Roy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:39:59 pm by roy4matra » Logged

TELBOY

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 10:17:30 am »

Thanks Roy, Have measured the disc and can confirm its from a 1.6......................now just got to find one!!!!
GL

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »

You've got an Pm from me...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: