| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Windscreen washer jets (JE 2001)  (Read 6311 times)
TheJoker

« on: November 17, 2006, 04:14:41 pm »

Guys,

My windscreen washer jets are a bit "inconsistent" - I had a very quick look, and it looks like there's one plastic "pod" with holes in it on the wiper, this "pod" that squirts water onto the screen. I think my "pod" is cracked...?

Is this common? Should I replace all three "pods"? (2 front and 1 rear)? Are they expensive, etc... Smiley

Any pointers appreciated!  Cool

PS, loving the car!
PPS, last fill up showed 32mpg, not too bad considering the driving I do.

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 07:11:45 pm »

They can appear to be cracked but upon closer examination I think that you will find that the washer nozzle pods are moulded in two parts and the "crack" is actually the joint between the two halves of the assembled washer nozzle.

The nozzle pods are part of the wiper assembly and as far as I am aware cannot be removed or obtained separately.... and yes the wipers are quite expensive from a Renault dealer... but then isn't everything? The last pair of front wipers I got from my local dealer were about 30 GBP if I remember correctly. But before going to the expense of replacing them, especially if the rubbers are OK on your existing wipers, I'd first try cleaning the nozzles..... disconnect the washer pipe from the nozzle pod, remove the wiper from the arm and you will be able to see and get at the water outlets easier with a piece of 30 amp fuse wire or similar to clear out any crud. If you don't have any fine wire then you could always try.... excuse the description.... giving the nozzles a blow job.... but do remember that in this case you do actually blow  Wink

Martin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 02:37:18 pm by Martin Tyas » Logged

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
TheJoker

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:52:41 am »

Hehehe....  Excellent Martin! Smiley Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a once over before doing anything else...  Cool

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: