| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Server outage  (Read 17969 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: October 07, 2016, 09:58:24 pm »

The old server finally hit the wall today - I believe its power supply is to blame.

The good news is that we have a replacement server racked and ready next to it, but the bad news is that since the old server was actually working (be it with some performance issues) I have simply not had time to actually setup this new server to be in  a state were it could take over production.

Today, after the old server rebooted itself many times, and finally disappeared off the radar, I was then forced to scramble and try to make the new server available. You may have seen my blank "OUPS" message presented by every site on the server)

Anyway, one of the problems I was facing was that all the data on the old server IS backed up, but the backup is with me here privately, which will take a long time to upload ...

LUCKILY, the old server sprung into life some time later, and for now it is actually serving all websites again.

I have started a copy of all data, and will continue working on setting up the new server (I wasn't to use a much better and modern setup compared to the old, so it is not just a direct copy)

Regards - and sorry for the outage !

D'Jet - aka Lennart Sorth

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 09:51:56 am »

You are the server hero, Lennart

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 12:44:00 pm »

You are the server hero, Lennart

Speaking of heroes, I think you deserve the title of forum-hero much more Anders !

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: