| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MOT conditionally approved 😊  (Read 4377 times)
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« on: October 12, 2016, 10:07:57 pm »

So, I took my 2.2 to its MOT today and it passed, but with the condition that I replace the steering ball joints. The membranes were all cracked, but no play was present, so it passed.

As "luck" would have it, when they tested the brakes, a hose clamp snapped and coolant started dripping out one of the main hoses where it connects to the pipe running forward. Shocked
It just happened to choose that time to snap. No coolant outside or into the gate, just where they tested the brakes. I saw it when he put it on the lift and fortunately the shop could provide a new clamp. A check afterward showed no dicernable drop on coolant level in the expansion tank. Grin

As an added positive, the car is now registered as antique (35 years), which means that the next MOT is 5 years, when it turns 40. After that MOTs are every 8 years. Grin

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:13:54 am »

Hi Well done.
Then there is a change that we will see you and your Murena at next year´s Matra meeting !

Greetings Hans
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:06:09 pm »

Pair for a good price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/new-TIE-TRACK-ROD-END-TALBOT-ALPINE-HORIZON-SOLARA-MATRA-RANCHO-BAGHEERA-SIMCA-/152189209348?hash=item236f2f0b04:g:KZsAAOxygj5ShKnr

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
northmurena

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »

"Pair for a good price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/new-TIE-TRACK-ROD-END-TALBOT-ALPINE-HORIZON-SOLARA-MATRA-RANCHO-BAGHEERA-SIMCA-/152189209348?hash=item236f2f0b04:g:KZsAAOxygj5ShKnr"

That´s really a good price. I have just paid 35,98 for a pair plus 16 Euro shipping :-(
njesper

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 12:02:25 am »

Big congratulations Jon, on your MOT being passed (once again  Cool )

So, I took my 2.2 to its MOT today and it passed, but with the condition that I replace the steering ball joints. The membranes were all cracked, but no play was present, so it passed.

As "luck" would have it, when they tested the brakes, a hose clamp snapped and coolant started dripping out one of the main hoses where it connects to the pipe running forward. Shocked
It just happened to choose that time to snap. No coolant outside or into the gate, just where they tested the brakes. I saw it when he put it on the lift and fortunately the shop could provide a new clamp. A check afterward showed no dicernable drop on coolant level in the expansion tank. Grin

As an added positive, the car is now registered as antique (35 years), which means that the next MOT is 5 years, when it turns 40. After that MOTs are every 8 years. Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: