| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: window motor - relay??  (Read 4309 times)
njesper

« on: November 07, 2016, 12:00:02 am »

Hi there,

I was casually looking at the spareparts for electrical window motors, and in simon-auto's webpage, stumbled upon:
"Relais EFH (electronischer fensterheber) as a sparepart (nr 14106).

When I then looked at the visual wiring diagram of the murena, I can see that full power is sent thru the actual window contacts, and directly to the motor. What is that relay then doing??

Anybody knows about this thing??

Best, Jesper
Denmark
jlg

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 12:28:26 am »

Hi Jesper,

There is a relay on the fuse board for the window motors. It is controlled by the ignition switch and "feeds" the two 16A fuses (one per side) which send power to the window switches. As soon as the ignition is on, it connects the fuses to the battery.

The system is used to reduce the amount of current going through the ignition switch.

Cheers,
JL.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 02:19:48 pm »

Hi there,

I was casually looking at the spareparts for electrical window motors, and in simon-auto's webpage, stumbled upon:
"Relais EFH (electronischer fensterheber) as a sparepart (nr 14106).

When I then looked at the visual wiring diagram of the murena, I can see that full power is sent thru the actual window contacts, and directly to the motor. What is that relay then doing??

Anybody knows about this thing??

Best, Jesper
Denmark

As JL says, the 'window' relay is on the circuit board and is simply to reduce the power going through the ignition switch.  The window switches take the full load which is why they do fail.  You could modify the electric window system by modifying and adding relays to the switching system so the door switches last longer.  Unfortunately most won't be bothered.

To add to the information on the electrics system, the four relays on the circuit board are identical four pin single switching relays and the only one ignition controlled is for the electric window supply.  The other three are live and one is for dipped beam head lights, one is for main beam, and the final one is for the front driving lamps.

These are standard relays which you can obtain anywhere, and you can even replace them with the five pin change over relays which are often more commonly available.  The centre pin would remain unused.

Roy
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 02:45:59 am by roy4matra » Logged

njesper

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:07:46 pm »

thanx for the info, Roy.

Best, Jesper Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: