| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What model distributor cap for the Murena 2.2  (Read 4092 times)
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« on: November 14, 2016, 05:12:43 pm »

The other day my Murena was very difficult to start, but I succeeded.
Then after a week on Gran Canaria I tried to start it yesterday. No luck.
There was only intermittent ignition, so I suspected moisture in the distributor cap.
Alas, after taking it off I found that the spring loaded carbon pin in the center had broken off and not enough was sticking out to allow sparks to pass.
So now I look for a place to buy a replacement and discover that there are numerous caps that all look the same, but are for different cars.
No-one lists one for the Murena of course. So which model car uses one that fits?

Matranaut par excellence Cool
GP

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:31:30 pm »

Roy's alternative parts:-

http://www.matraclub.org.uk/Murena.html

2.2 Engine

Intermotor 44190 Bosch Distributor Cap

Intermotor 46050 Ducelier Distributor Cap

Both can be found by entering a search in eBay U.K. and full applications are listed for both. They would probably ship worldwide?
FOB

83 Murena 2.2

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:34:25 am »

Hej Jon,

Du har PM

Finn  Smiley
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:26:21 pm »

Today I had business in the suburb, Glostrup, where we have a "BilTema" shop. They har the right distributor cap for 39.90 DKr. Which is about €5.
With the new cap the car started immediately. Which makes me wonder how long the cap has been going bad. The spare I had tried first did have some carbon center pin sticking out, but apparently not enough to reach the rotor. Both old caps are now in the trash.  Cheesy

So if your car is difficult to start. Check that the centre pin is long enough to reach the rotor. Wink

I took a picture of the replacement cap I had on hand and which didn't work either. As you can see in the photo 6-7 mm of the center pin was still sticking out and had proper spring load. But it apparently was not long enough to reach the rotor.
The new cap has about 1.5 cm pin sticking out. Alas I was too anxious to replace it so I forgot to take a picture of that. Sad
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:18:01 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: