| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thermostat Housing  (Read 13224 times)
murramor

« on: August 06, 2017, 09:49:39 am »

I am preparing to install my reconditioned engine and gearbox and this is a question that I should have asked long ago because I may need a part from overseas.  If you look at the thermostat housing in the attached picture there is a threaded outlet.  When I got the car there was a pipe attached to this outlet with a jubilee clip (clamp).  This is clearly incorrect as I would expect that a something screws on here - perhaps a restriction of some sort.  I can't find the part on Simon's parts diagrams. Can somebody explain what the missing part does and is it necessary for the proper functioning of the system? 
regards
Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:44:32 pm »

I am preparing to install my reconditioned engine and gearbox and this is a question that I should have asked long ago because I may need a part from overseas.  If you look at the thermostat housing in the attached picture there is a threaded outlet...

regards
Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia

I have answered Ron directly, but for others here, this connection should be a hose tail which the bleed hose fits and is clamped on, so the threaded union is incorrect.  The Matra number for the hose tail was 0032660500. (seen on parts microfiche frame C12-01)

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: