| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1.6 valve clearances  (Read 10777 times)
sc1962

« on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:00 pm »

hi guys iv come across a new cam cover gasket so im thinking i may as well check/adjust the valves before its fitted as i dont know when it was last derviced.soo could anyone give me the correct clearances or alternatively what most owners set them at.pref cold but if they have to be done hot,and i think this used to be the case on the murena,then ill do them hot.thanks,steve

p,s wifeys getting fed up with the gasket sitting in the kitchen !!!
Gib

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:08:38 am »

Valve clearance by creativeq, on Flickr

I made this and laminated it for the garage as i can never get on with the rule of 9 or rule of 5 or what ever.

No idea on if its better to go with custom setting. i just did them at Inlet 0.25mm Exhaust 0.30mm
sc1962

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:14:03 pm »

Thanks Gib,thats all i need.i was racking my brains back to the days(1978) when i was an apprentice Chrysler mechanic.basically i find it easier doing the valves opposite to the ones that are "rockin" which is how we used to do them.one wheel off the floor,4th gear and turn the wheel to rotate the crank.as soon as its weekend im going to do them.you may not remember but we spoke about 3 years ago now by phone and you talked me through the process of fetching/buying a matra from carjoy.i never actually did it that route but obv did get a matra in the end and as soon as my morris minor is completed the matra is due for a bit of resto.i dont think you ever stop trying to improve old cars lol
cheers mate

steve
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: