| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: JE Espace dual climate control has no A/C on driver's side  (Read 4118 times)
BeaterBlogDave

« on: June 17, 2018, 11:19:39 pm »

Now that the weather in the UK has gotten a bit warmer I'm running the A/C occasionally and I'm only getting cold air from the passenger side outlets.  The driver's side vents are open and air is flowing but it doesn't feel chilled like it should, no matter what temperature setting is.

The car is a 2001 'The Race' edition with dual zone climate control.  I suspect the blend door for the driver's side is malfunctioning.  Has anyone seen such an issue?  Any clues on where the electrical connections or the actual stepper motors are located?  I really don't want to rip the entire dash out so I may live with it.

Thanks,
David
WessexElectricNutter

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »

Now that the weather in the UK has gotten a bit warmer I'm running the A/C occasionally and I'm only getting cold air from the passenger side outlets.  The driver's side vents are open and air is flowing but it doesn't feel chilled like it should, no matter what temperature setting is.

The car is a 2001 'The Race' edition with dual zone climate control.  I suspect the blend door for the driver's side is malfunctioning.  Has anyone seen such an issue?  Any clues on where the electrical connections or the actual stepper motors are located?  I really don't want to rip the entire dash out so I may live with it.

Thanks,
David

I have a similiar issue on my diesel espace but I think I have an idea what it is, mine still gives out some puff of cold and warm air on the drivers side however. A few basic things to check, have you checked the cabin filters and have you checked the pressure of the system? I think the 2 condensers are linked together which may explain why one is slightly warmer. Have a look at this manual:
http://www.matrasport.dk/vault/Espace/JE/MR315ESPACE6.pdf

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (Automatic) (1996)
Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 (manual) was 1.2 (1997) - under repair
Renault Espace III 2.2 DCi Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Renault Espace III 3.0 V6 Privilege (2001) - NIRU
Vauxhall Omega 2.5L V6 Elite (1998) - under repair
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: