| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena 2.2 reaction bar bushes  (Read 6590 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: August 03, 2018, 03:24:41 pm »

Hello all 2.2 owners.

This is a quick posting to let you know that I have now started proceedings with a UK company for obtaining some Polyurethane bushes to fit the engine reaction bar link. (sometimes called a stabiliser but that term can be confused with the suspension anti-roll bar so I prefer reaction bar)  I thought I would post this now to prevent anyone else duplicating this work unnecessarily.

These Metallastic bushes never lasted that long, depending on how much mileage a year you do, and how hard you drive your car. (quite hard in my case Smiley )  As the original stocks were used up some time ago, the only ones available now are reproduction items and these seem to last even less time.  In fact the *new* one I have just sent as a sample to Polybush already had a section of the rubber not bonded fully to the outer metal at one point on the circumference!  Not good for a new bush.

They are going to check if they have anything in their stock that might fit.  We cannot do this ourselves on-line, since they use drop-down lists and just like others that use these type lists, they do not include Talbot or Matra.  If they do not have anything suitable, they will then decide what is the best means for making something that we can use.

I have also suggested that they consider something a little stronger, since most of us have uprated our 2.2 engines and I think we would prefer something better than the original anyway.  They do three grades, the normal 'comfort' rating, an intermediate hardness that will probably suit us, and a 'track' type hardness.  The full hardness might cause more harshness to be felt, so the intermediate will probably be a good compromise between the basic rating and something that will suit our uprated engines and still last longer.

I will update this posting once I have more details.

Roy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:58:21 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:14:32 am »

You mean the right engine mount?

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
MatraIan

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:10:08 pm »

Roy is talking about what is often described as the top or upper engine mount rubbber bushes,
 or as Simon refer to their part 02013 the 'suspension bush for engine'
There are 2 of them in the housing 02015 that connects the head to the rear (boot) bulkhead

Murena 2.2 S Red 1984, Rover 600 ti, BMW 1 coupe M sport. Mercedes C class CGI sport
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 04:25:16 pm »

You mean the right engine mount?

The bushes are in the link which is sometimes called the engine stabiliser.  The Matra part number was 0032745900 or as Ian has pointed out Simon list as 02013.

The news that I have so far is that they are just about to produce some new bushes for another car, which look like they could also be suitable for us.  That could be good as the costs are likely to be lower than if we were having something new made just for us.

Roy

Colin

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 02:37:37 pm »

That's good news, mine is in desperate need of these better bushes! That said, it is now off the road till next year... not the car's fault this time, my recent operation has left me unable to drive for the next few months.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 09:37:22 pm »

That's good news, mine is in desperate need of these better bushes!

Polybush received the first of their new bushes last week, and are testing them now.  I've just received the first sample from Polybush to check how well it fits our car, and to run some trials.  I've fitted it on my car today and we'll see how it performs.  Watch this space as they say.  If it proves good, we'll be able to get them as soon as Polybush are satisfied from their perspective, and start mass production.

Roy

speed pete

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 10:51:49 pm »

hello Roy,
how about the poly bushes?

I have mounted blue poly bushes on our Delahaye and it drives better then new with it's rubber bushes. the weight of the car is 2100 kg.

I would like to mount thme on the Murena S
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 09:30:55 am »

hello Roy,

I have mounted blue poly bushes on our Delahaye and it drives better then new with it's rubber bushes. the weight of the car is 2100 kg.

I would like to mount them on the Murena S

They haven't done much mileage yet to give them a real work out, but it is certainly looking good.  There has been no detectable increase in harshness or vibration transmitted to the shell, which was one concern I had.  I am still consulting with Polybush over them, and once they are released to the public I will announce it.

The suggested price will also make a pleasant change as you will not only have some better bushes but they will be quite a bit cheaper than what is currently available too.

Roy
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:35:12 am by roy4matra » Logged

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 11:34:58 am »

hello Roy,

I would like to mount them on the Murena S

I now have a full set of bushes fitted as you can see from the photo.  All seems good so far but I have not done much mileage yet.  However, there doesn't seem to be any difference in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) which firmer bushes might have changed.

[Update Feb 2019]  These are working well on my car and should be available now.  I hope to have some sets at the Practical Classics Restoration Show at the NEC next month.

In case you are wondering why they have the shoulders at each end, originally these were being designed to fit the steering/suspension on another car, so they required that shape just like the trunion bushes - on cars like the Morris Minor or Triumph Herald.  In our particular use they are not necessary but they do not get in the way at all.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:49:35 pm by roy4matra » Logged

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 10:45:07 pm »

I now have a number of full sets of the Poly Bush kits which have just been produced.  I collected them at the Restoration Show last week-end.  A full kit as in the photo, is under £30 which is under half of the cost of two original bushes (0032745900) or 02013 from Simon Auto.

See the previous posting for a picture of them fitted to my car.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: