| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: pop up lights not popping up  (Read 3600 times)
sc1962

« on: May 26, 2019, 09:48:22 pm »

hi everyone iv got of a problem with my electrics at the moment .the pop up lights do not pop up !!!! now I know the actuator works ok as when you apply voltage to it the lights do go up.turn the lights on at the stick and the sidelights and head lights come on ok but do not pop up.the original fusebox has been replaced at sometime with an aftermarket fusebox and all are intact.but the original underbonnet still houses y.the relays which I presume control the pop ups.there is also a second relay that doesn't appear to have any live feed to it which is under the dash.this one does click tho when main beam/flas is operated.so im a bit confused as to where to start looking first Huh? any help is always appreciated
TELBOY

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 10:48:46 pm »

Sounds like a bad connection to headlight relay
The ine you hear clicking is either mainbeam or driving lamps relay. Cant be more specific as you say its an aftermarket fuseboard.
The headlight relay is on the oposige side.to the three others
Swap with the one under the dash which you know is working to check it
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:56:08 pm by TELBOY » Logged
murramor

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 11:36:34 pm »

Check the edge connectors on the original circuit board. I had the same problem and, with Roy's help, I found one of the connectors was broken although it looked intact. I noticed that  it appeared to have too large a gap and lost its 'spring, and it fell apart when touched with a screwdriver. Look on Roy's website and at his contribution to this site a couple of threads ago.  What I am saying is probably meaningless to you until you start to poke around looking for a bad connection on those connectors.

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 11:23:18 am »

The actuator is fed directly from the fuseboard via a network of three diodes.  The diodes are there  in order to raise the lights when they are either on main beam or dipped.  The diodes could have failed, although the normal mode of failure is for them to go short-circuit, resulting in both main and dipped beams being on at the same time.  Check the feed to the diodes, the diodes themselves and the edge connector.  It's #4 on the fused side, bottom RH corner.  Roy Gillard, aka roy4matra, will sell you an excellent laminated circuit diagram which is invaluable for dealing with electrical faults on these cars.
sc1962

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 03:28:16 am »

it would appear that I have a blown diode on the board as well as other issues but the electrics are very poor with wires, mostly red and black being added in  at various stages in the cars life and its probably a good time to sort it out properly.a new secondhand fuseboard has been sourced from Roy and a diagram so I will and put it back to standard over the coming weeks Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: