| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Digital programmable distributor  (Read 3486 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: March 29, 2020, 12:37:08 pm »

Hi all,

Flickr user and Murena 1.6 owner Quentin Boullier posted pictures today showing a programmable digital distributor with bluetooth interface from 123Ignition in the Netherlands. Complete with an Android or iPhone app it appears to be a direct replacement for Ducellier distributors like those our cars are using. See this link, for example: https://flic.kr/p/2iJAfWG

This seems to be the product he is installing:

http://123ignition.nl/product.phtml?id=127

It looks very interesting, I think. For example it includes immobilizer, rev limiter and complete monitoring. The only thing I can think of it could be missing is a programmable knock sensor input. But that's a small thing and would probably be too difficult to set up to be useful. Anyone here who have tried or heard anything about this?

Best,
Anders
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:42:47 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Gib

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 08:40:28 am »

Yes my brother has this setup in his Traction Avant and I think one of his CX's. What it claims to do its does.

The biggest issue is making sure you can get some up front help from the seller or get on a good forum. At first glance they are not as intuitive as they seem but it is akin to giving an IPhone to an Android user or vice versa. Once you understand the logic no issues. As for the quality its very good with fit and finish being high. Its a long term investment to my mind.

Not much else to say, with in 10 mins you get a good working advance curve but you could spend days on there perfecting it its up to you.
Murenanimal

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 05:58:34 pm »

And the Price is rather expensive!
Gib

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 08:31:21 am »

To my mind not really, around £250-£300 but they have offers on every so often. A new Bosch dizzy is around £100-£200 for my brothers Traction it was going to be higher. And a standard dizzy is just that, with non of the 123 benefits
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 02:33:27 pm »

Thanks for your input, guys Smiley

Monseiur Boullier got his car running and posted this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwu4bkpy3Vs

I agree the price is fair, considering the features. It should be possible, though, to restore any distributor. Especially as the Murena has electronic ignition and inductive pickup. Picture is from when I took my spare distrubutor apart 12 years ago Smiley

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:46 am »

Thanks for your input, guys Smiley

Monseiur Boullier got his car running and posted this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwu4bkpy3Vs

I agree the price is fair, considering the features. It should be possible, though, to restore any distributor. Especially as the Murena has electronic ignition and inductive pickup. Picture is from when I took my spare distrubutor apart 12 years ago Smiley

I hope that photo is before the completion of the distributor rebuild!  The shaft has a groove, and the bush is locked to the shaft by a small key 'rod' which in the photo is lying on the top of the bush, and the bush is out of alignment with the shaft as can be seen by the bush groove being rotated anti-clockwise from the shaft groove.

Roy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:21:38 am by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: