| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Replacing front wheel bearing  (Read 7610 times)
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 11:11:14 am »

Now the microfiche correctly states 6 of the plain bolts and 2 of the guide bolts for one axle.  So I'm puzzled where you got a list that only states 2 plain bolts per brake disc.
It actually shows one plain bolt and one with the locating pin.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 02:36:56 pm »

Now the microfiche correctly states 6 of the plain bolts and 2 of the guide bolts for one axle.  So I'm puzzled where you got a list that only states 2 plain bolts per brake disc.
It actually shows one plain bolt and one with the locating pin.

Yes but that is just to save over-complicating the drawing.  If you check the parts listing on the right it shows the quantities, and it has 6 (plain) and 2 (guide) bolts.  In fact if you look carefully at the drawing there is a small 6 in front of the part number of the plain bolt washer and a small 2 in front of the guide bolt washer part number (which is actually the same part number 0081580911 - so 8 washers for 8 bolts.)  I'm not sure why they missed the numbers from in front of the bolt numbers in the drawing.  There are many instances of this pre number in drawings to indicate the quantity.  There are also may frames where the bolts, washer, rivets etc. in the drawings are not included in the lists on the right side of the page.  This is another modification included in my corrected computer manual - all parts in a frame drawing are listed on the right hand side.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:51:06 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Grapes

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 11:45:16 pm »

That's what is in my Dutch workshop manual pdf...
Morne

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 06:39:10 pm »

The front and rear bearings are the same.

I had a quick look at the Simon part number catalogue, an they show different numbers for the front and rear wheel bearings (12011 and 11012). Are they indeed the same?

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2020, 07:27:13 pm »

The front and rear bearings are the same.

I had a quick look at the Simon part number catalogue, an they show different numbers for the front and rear wheel bearings (12011 and 11012). Are they indeed the same?

Yes they are indeed.  It is simply that like most companies they have a section for front axle and another for rear axle, and in Simon's numbering system the first two digits are the section number so one starts '11' (front axle) and the other '12' (rear axle).

Roy

Morne

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 11:56:30 am »

Thank you Roy for confirming. Now it also makes sense why most parts places only list one type of wheel bearing.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: