| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Handbrake cable removal  (Read 1848 times)
Morne

« on: October 03, 2020, 02:55:18 pm »

Busy removing the rear calipers, and cannot figure out how to release the handbrake cable from the caliper. I guess if has been in there for a while, but rather than just going for brute force I first wanted to check. I also had a look in the workshop manual, but they just refer to removing the cable without details.

How do I take this apart?

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 07:34:28 pm »

I would unbolt the right-angled bracket holding the outer cable from the caliper.  You can then free the inner cable from the lever.  The outer cable is just a push fit in the bracket.  If you want to remove the whole cable, unbolt the operating rod that comes from the handbrake lever  from the U-shaped piece that pulls the cable to the calipers.  If you study the mechanism it should be self evident how it all goes together, but be careful when you put it back to leave enough slack to allow the two levers to return fully to fully off  position otherwise the self-adjustment will not work properly.
Morne

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 06:22:20 pm »

Thank you, got it out in the end. Grabbed it with a vicegrip and wiggled it out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: