| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Breake problems  (Read 7472 times)
Anders

I'm a llama!

« on: July 04, 2004, 10:51:45 am »

Hi Guys I have a Matra Bagherea S-78 with brake problems
after driving ca 20-25 km the car selfbrakes to totalt stop
it is impossible to drive and after ca 30-35 minuts the brakes free again and you can drive and its back in ca 20-25 km.
Has anybody heard of this problem . All brake parts on the car have been totaly overhuled nad this problem started after some 600 km after!! the overhule.
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:10:37 am »

This brake problem is a well-known ”standard facility” on any Bagheera or Murena. The brake pistons are of aluminium and the cylinders are of steel so you will have corrosion between the two. The solution is simply dismantling the brakes and clean the components, and use lots of “brake grease”. I am doing this once a year to be on the safe side.
Another problem is the mechanism for the handbrake, which is not very reliable. If you need to use the handbrake press the brake pedal first, then pull the handbrake. Personally I hardly ever use the handbrake in order to avoid any problems. Well I use the handbrake at least once every two year at the car inspection place.
Another tricky problem, which I have had myself, is corrosion between the brake cylinder itself and its mounting. The pressure from the corrosion can be that bad that the brake cylinder is no longer perfect round but slightly oval and the result is that the brake pistons do not move freely.
Regards Hans
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: