| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena Buggy  (Read 3302 times)
OSMojo

« on: January 05, 2021, 06:45:36 pm »

Newbee here.
Don't be alarmed by the title. I intend to create a Murena buggy, but I will not destroy a Murena in the process. My plan is to carefully remove the front fenders and rear quarters  and fibreglass shape some new raised arches in their place. I have a mock up photo but nowhere to host it.
It would need large off road tyres and a wider stance.
So my question to the experts is:
What are the max wheel spacers that you think could go on?
What are the max size wheels / tyres?
Are there longer suspension arms from other vehicles that could fit?

I wanted to avoid having longer suspension arms created, hence the questions.

Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:56 am »

just do not do it.
GP

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:16:30 pm »

Err 100% definitely no longer suspension arms from other vehicles that could fit.

I think you need to watch this You Tube clip. It will explain a lot  if you are thinking of purchasing wider/larger diameter aftermarket wheels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-S5Qicb31Y

NB:  The rear suspension geometry of a Murena is completely fixed with no adjustment,  the front can be adjusted,  so be aware there are suspension geometry and mechanical safety implications involved with this project even with just fitting spacers on standard wheels.
OSMojo

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 10:50:01 am »

@ GP thanks
I will probably have some stronger extended suspension arms engineered, plus I think some re-enforcing of the frame.

GP

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:17:02 pm »

Here is my version of a Murena "Swamp" Buggy with deep water air induction system fitted which I have at the bottom of the garden!!!  Grin

OSMojo

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 11:53:49 am »

@GP

Awesome !

That's interesting for me, as the raise you got out of the suspension and the width of the wheels might just be enough without engineered suspension arms. Essentially it will be used in Almeria in Spain, so the desert areas.

Are they wide body rear panels?
GP

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 12:04:53 am »

@GP

Awesome !

That's interesting for me, as the raise you got out of the suspension and the width of the wheels might just be enough without engineered suspension arms. Essentially it will be used in Almeria in Spain, so the desert areas.

Are they wide body rear panels?

The red car you see is just a standard scrap Murena with normal size wheel arches. I bought the remains of the car for spare parts for £180:00 on eBay 10 years ago. I just needed to move it in the garden and having sold the original wheels I had these wide wheels to roll it around on. It does look a bit like a buggy I must say! Roll Eyes

As an aside the wheels came of this (failed) project with wide wheel arches! At least it has got you thinking and if you want to go with just wheels you have BRAID in Barcelona, who I have used previously to source made to measure wheels for a Murena with no problems.

https://www.braid.es/en/offroad-buggy/C-14729

Read this link too:

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,2658.15.html
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:23:36 am by GP » Logged
OSMojo

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 10:40:34 am »

Thanks, very helpful info. The car does look buggy-ish, especially without the bumpers and sides.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: