| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace III parts  (Read 2654 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: May 07, 2021, 03:24:22 pm »

If anyone wants to contact me regarding spares or availability of bits for the Espace III, can you please start by providing all the details of the car, namely the full VIN, Fabrication numbers of vehicle, engine and gearbox, age and whether LHD or RHD.  One of the best ways to provide virtually all the information is to give the the full 'Sales plate' as that provides all the specification of the vehicle such as type of steering, type of heating, trim material, etc. and it saves me having to ask for them after you contact me.  Because that is the first thing that is always necessary.  There are now so many variations over the period they were produced that without the full information, it is guesswork to try to look up any parts.

One example is the manual gearbox has seven, yes 7, different numbers for one vehicle alone, and as you can imagine, that can alter the parts necessary such as items as clutch actuation type.

The 'Sales plate' or what in simpler times was called the oval plate, is a sticker that is usually on the 'B' pillar when you open the front drivers door (on the left as these were designed LHD remember).  The Oval plate was just that, an alloy oval plate with some numbers stamped in it, riveted near the Chassis plate usually.  Once specifications became more complex, it had to increase in size and so they changed to a larger sticker that contained most of the information, but since this also contained the VIN, it was made such that any attempt to remove it, destroyed it, to stop identities being changed.  If the area where a Sales plate sticker is fitted, needed a repair and re-paint after an accident, then a new one had to be obtained from the manufacturer to replace the original - after all the appropriate security checks of course.

The easiest way to let me have all the sales plate info. is to simply photograph it and send me a copy, but make sure it is readable please.

Roy
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:28:03 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: