| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: new owner in kent  (Read 19788 times)
tonyz59

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2021, 11:19:15 am »

Sorry these are the pics  in a ramdon order Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 11:22:32 am by tonyz59 » Logged
tonyz59

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2021, 06:26:44 pm »

Well the engine is back in the car and running. took it for a MOT on Tuesday, failed on just the rear tyres and low handbrake, had new tyres fitted and adjusted the handbrake as per Roy's manual. She passed yesterday, so took her out today and did 250kms. so just to gradually increase the revs with some more kms to fully run her in, and of course to  torque down the head again and maybe a tune on a rolling road.  BD engineering are just 5mins away. We shall see what comes up next !
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 06:34:27 pm by tonyz59 » Logged
GP

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2021, 04:32:40 pm »

Well done Tony a great job indeed.

I have been following with interest since your first ever post which went quite the opposite to your hopes! :-

"Just thought I'd say Hi,  just recently bought a 2.2 murena in silver with grey  buttoned velour interior ! going to be  a running and hopefully !! only a tinkering project. It has the usual slow electric windows, especially the passenger side. Also the 2nd speed on the wipers is not much faster than no 1.  managed to source the passenger door mirror off of ebay that was broken, so a few little jobs done already. This is not my 1st matra as I had a orange bagheera  s  37 years ago, funnily enough the age of the murena . Tony"

I have always used BD Engineering myself for tuning and setting up my 2.2 and have been pleased with their work.

Make sure to post your Rolling Road Tune Up Power Run Printout on here when done please.....

Cheers,

Graham
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 04:35:08 pm by GP » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2021, 02:48:10 pm »

Job well done, Tony!  Grin

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
tonyz59

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2021, 06:04:47 pm »

clutch master cylinder now failed  i had the slave fail a month ago   Roll Eyes is it a split pin holding the rod at the pedal, i cant see properly but feels like it ?
TELBOY

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2021, 10:15:35 am »

On the 1. 6 you don't need to remove the rod from the pedal. Just undo the cylinder and it will come away.
Think the 2.2 is the same
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2021, 09:00:01 am »

On the 1. 6 you don't need to remove the rod from the pedal. Just undo the cylinder and it will come away.
Think the 2.2 is the same

That's not right Terry, sorry.  The rod is held in to the clutch master cylinder by the mushroom shape at the end of the rod, to prevent it dropping out.  If you can remove it without unhooking it, it wasn't fastened in properly, in the first place.  The 1.6 and 2.2 are the same.  The only difference between the 1.6 and 2.2 is the bore of the 2.2 clutch master cylinder is slightly larger than that in the 1.6 model.  To hook or unhook the rod from the master cylinder you have to have the rod at a high angle to the cylinder and you can't do that with it attached to the pedal.  See my 8 second Quicktime clip of inserting the rod.  (it appears the movie clip is too big to attach here, so you'll have to view/download it from my website)

To remove the clutch master cylinder, you remove the split pin where the rod is attached to the pedal, remove the washer and end of the rod from the pedal pivot, then remove the flare nut and flexible hose, followed by the two nuts securing the master cylinder to the bulkhead, then you can remove the master cylinder, to clean and overhaul it.

It is not uncommon for the clutch master cylinder to start leaking when a Murena has been unused for some time, then starts to be used again.

Whilst on my technical articles webpage for the movie clip, you should also check the article for the special procedure required for removing and refitting the flexible pipe to the master cylinder.

Roy
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 09:35:10 am by roy4matra » Logged

TELBOY

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2021, 10:26:25 am »

Mine must be worn then as when I removed mine there was no interference from the rod so when refitting I had to get the boy to hold it from inside so it all lined up. I May need to check it out if it ever stops raining!
tonyz59

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2021, 10:33:35 pm »

I had to remove the rod from the pedal before the master cylinder could be removed from the car. Mine hooks in as per Roy's video.
tonyz59

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2022, 05:49:41 pm »

Took the car to BD engineering for a rolling road tune up.

Engine power 118.4 BHP
At the wheels 84.7 BHP
Max power at 5570 88.3 MPH

MAX Torque 125.4 ibf. ft at 3925 RPM

Technician advised I should fit a slightly larger filter as in deeper. The carb has a k&n pancake filter fitted. Was also advised a rebuild of the Weber carb would improve the figures. So something to get done over the winter. It was running rich when I got there and the secondary jet was spun out slightly aswell. So overall pretty pleased with the figures after the engine rebuild.

GP

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2022, 07:34:43 am »

Good job there Tony, well done!

Very honest figures too from BD Engineering for a standard car.

Cheers, Graham
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: