| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: display bulb change  (Read 6061 times)
brian

« on: November 16, 2007, 09:44:17 am »

Hi
I have had a look on the forum but cant see this question being asked before.
espace 2.2DCi the race 2001. I have a few bulbs gone on the display. seatbelt, side lights, etc.
 does anyone know how to get at them to change them? iv had a quick look but cant figure it out, and dont want to break anthing.
thanks
Brian
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 11:00:01 am »

Hi Brian
The whole of the dashboard top has to be removed first..... don't panic... it looks quite a daunting task but quite simple.

Firstly, carefully prise the speaker grilles off each of the two front dash panel speakers. There are 3 retainers on each which do come out quite easily by just getting your fingers under the edge of the grille and slowly lifting them up... so no need for screwdrivers or the like which could damage the grille or trim.

There are 3 torx head screws through each speaker surround that hold them down to the bodywork... with those removed from each side the whole of the dashboard top can be lifted up... the fiddliest part is disconnecting the sunlight sensor in the middle of the dash if you have one on your vehicle... it's that little black dome and is part of the climate control/air-con control system. There is not much spare wire so don't try lifting up the dash too high without disconnecting the sensor. I found it easiest to release the complete sensor housing from the dash panel so that you can more easily see and prise back the little retaining clip that is part of the two wire connector.

Access to the bulbs is quite awkward with the display in place. I found it much easier to remove the electrical connectors and the 5 (if I remember correctly) torx screws that hold it in place. With the display removed it's so much easier to access the offending bulbs.
You may even find enough spare bulbs already in the panel to avoid a trip out as they fit them in each of the tell-lights even though not all are necessarily used. The side light bulb had blown on mine and I switched it with the one for suspension levelling that my car doesn't have.

Hope that helps

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
brian

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 10:12:55 am »

Thanks Martin, I will give it a go.
cheers
Brian
roa

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:19:16 pm »

For pictures of this job, have a look here:
http://je.espace-freunde.de/jeinfo/espace98/2002.09.28.armaturenbrett.ausbau/armaturenbrett.html

(might have to cut-and-paste the link URL.)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: