| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SELF-ASSEMBLY VAPOUR BLASTING MACHINES  (Read 1019 times)
GP

« on: June 09, 2022, 10:23:39 am »

SELF-ASSEMBLY VAPOUR BLASTING MACHINES:-

https://www.vapourhoning.com/minimax-lp-new-ads/?gclid=CjwKCAjwtIaVBhBkEiwAsr7-c26yRt_HRxVr4_B6FFHW7qq2EIBsNDfWNjdKrc1ZlfHJ5DMS8nFIZBoCRMoQAvD_BwE

Definitely something for my wish list. Look at the finish in the images at the bottom of the above link.....   Shocked
Gib

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 08:25:31 am »

I would love one of them and definitely don't make use of the sand blaster at work when no one is looking. But at £1K ?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 10:18:23 am »

SELF-ASSEMBLY VAPOUR BLASTING MACHINES:-

Hello Graham,

I agree vapour blasting appears a great way to clean your mechanical parts, but why go to the expense and trouble of buying your own costly machine, and having to house and maintain it, when there are companies out there that will do this for you.  Maybe if you were doing lots and lots of parts regularly, then it could be worth it, especially if getting paid by others to do their bits for them, but for a normal single engine rebuild or other work such as a gearbox or transaxle, etc. it is more cost effective to have a company do it for you.  There is a company in Folkestone for instance that offers this service for those in the south east, and another in Devon for those in the south west.  I'm sure there will be others in the U.K. wherever there are industrial centres doing work such as overhauls and rebuilds.  I've already seen the results on some old 911 parts that the owner had done for the 911S I'm restoring for him.  I'm going to be sending some of my Murena castings off to have them cleaned this way.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 10:22:01 am by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: