| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where is the green wire on the alternator going?  (Read 2087 times)
Jepson75
« on: September 01, 2022, 05:25:48 pm »

Me again. Had to remove my alternator on my 1,6 as the bracket was broken. But as I removed it - I noticed three cables connected to the "+ screw connector". Two red and one green.
But the green wire (about 10cm long) wasn't connected to anything in the other end. I guess it broke while removing the alternator. But where is it supposed to be connected?
I guess it's supposed to be connected somewhere on the alternator, but where? Can't find any trace of the other end.

Jepson75
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 06:33:57 pm »

A picture of where it was connected.

matramurena

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 06:44:28 pm »

Should be just 2 red ones there. Maybe someone has used this connection to get a positive 12v for some additional equipment??

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
Jepson75
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 06:54:04 pm »

Should be just 2 red ones there. Maybe someone has used this connection to get a positive 12v for some additional equipment??

That might be a good reason why I can't find anywhere to connect it. Smiley Thank you.
Gib

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 12:53:58 pm »

My engine bay loom had had it and the chances of plugging it into the  magic diagnostic machine are slim so i made up a new slim line loom.
engine bay 2 by creativeq, on Flickr
Jepson75
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 01:50:51 pm »

Thanks for the wiring diagram. Been thinking of making a new one as well as the original is covered with joints and cable lugs everywhere. The original connectors aren't in mint condition either.
Dud you use new connectors and if so, what kind did you use? Smiley

But for the moment my priority is dovpass the swedish car inspection - so I can use it for the next two years, while working on it. Smiley
Gib

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 03:54:19 pm »

New connectors are a must as the old ones were corroded and shot.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 09:29:23 pm »

Me again. Had to remove my alternator on my 1,6 as the bracket was broken. But as I removed it - I noticed three cables connected to the "+ screw connector". Two red and one green.
But the green wire (about 10cm long) wasn't connected to anything in the other end. I guess it broke while removing the alternator. But where is it supposed to be connected?
I guess it's supposed to be connected somewhere on the alternator, but where? Can't find any trace of the other end.

It's possible the green wire was to a suppressor, to prevent radio interference.  All Murena had an alternator, amplifier and coil suppressor as standard from the factory, although you don't show any on the coil on the section of my diagram you have modified!  So the green wire could have had the suppressor on the other end at one time, and it has broken off and disappeared at some point.

Roy
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 04:10:22 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Jepson75
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 11:52:56 am »

As roy4matra wrote - I think yo are right. Anyway it works fine without it :-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: