| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: door trim  (Read 5953 times)
GP

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 08:05:27 am »

Err hello. It's me Graham who has the red shell festering in his garden.
I bought it on eBay 20 years ago from a bloke near Bristol. It was initially bought in Germany by a soldier who imported it to the U.K. He took it apart and stuck a body kit on it. It has been my source of 2.2 (and 1.6) spares for me and several others over the years.
Costs to be discussed later if I can get anything off?
I will have a grapple with it all next week after my visit starting today at F1 Silverstone. A FREE 4 DAY GUEST PASS!!!  Grin

TELBOY

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2022, 05:42:28 pm »

Thanks GP. No hurry
Gib

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2022, 03:45:26 pm »

You Lucky B***ger. Hope the weather stay how you like it. And thanks for the help
GP

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2022, 09:20:10 pm »

@GP If Telboy does have the door trim is there any chance i could get the door handles ? ( I can collect from Telboy (If that's ok with you Telboy ?))
Mine are quite worn

Hi Gib,

I removed both door handle assemblies today. Loosened them up and greased the plastic fulcrum arm so they both spring backward and forward nicely.
Both assemblies are firm with no play as it is a very low mileage car. I  didn't remove the handles themselves though and suggest you paint these in situ. P.M. me if you are interested still and make me a reasonable offer for the pair including postage?

Cheers,

Graham

P.S. Too hot to start removing / dropping down windows today to get the outer trim off without breaking it. But I haven't forgotten you Telboy!
TELBOY

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2022, 08:05:37 am »

No problem. No hurry

Tel
GP

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2022, 05:39:47 pm »

Hi Tel,

I remembered I had a pair of doors stashed in a shipping container with windy down windows. This as Roy says  is the only way to get them off without breaking the plastic. Well anyway these came off easily. They have been trimmed where the mirror mounting plate is fixed so the total length from the top of the thin bit near the door handle  to the other end is 88cm. The flexible squeegee bit on one side has a few chips. Hopefully you kept your old broken ones which has these pieces in. I have taken them apart and given them a good scrub with soap and hot water. They look O.K. so P.M. me if you want them and we can go from there....

Cheers,

Graham

Update: These should be the original length. Had another attempt at the red Matra and with the trim for the wing mirror off and this appears to be the same...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 06:14:17 am by GP » Logged
Gib

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 09:44:22 am »

Got the bits and bobs cheers and they make mine look slack as you like. Currently on holiday so will get them sorted as soon as I can.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: