| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera S  (Read 1776 times)
TELBOY

« on: October 23, 2022, 11:17:39 am »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195428960499?mkcid
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 12:08:12 pm »

I remember this car from when it was sold back in 2015, after it had been 'found' in Uxbridge and still have the original photos.  I always wondered what became of it, as it looked very original, little used, and a good Bagheera for saving.

In the latest write up, he says the tyres are rubbish but they are original Michelin Xas, from the era when tyres were made of decent rubber and didn't deteriorate with age like the current ones!  So they may not be as bad as claimed, and if there is a complete set of correct front (155x13) and rear sizes (the 185x13 rear in particular being no longer available) they may be worth keeping, at least to have the right tyres for display purposes if nothing else.  Unlike today's tyres which crack and harden with age, these did not have an age limit and didn't suffer after many years, although they would not have been as grippy as some tyres are now when new - but only when new!

Because those old tyres were 82 profile and not designed to have the tread stay flat like modern low profile tyres, they are perfectly suited to the older type suspension the Bagheera used.  Bagheera suspension was never designed to keep the wheel almost upright for today's low profile tyres to keep the tread flat on the road.

Roy

TELBOY

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 03:14:43 pm »

If it was 6 months down the road I think I might be bidding,!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: