| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2.2DT Injectors?  (Read 2493 times)
markymarkmark

« on: September 17, 2023, 04:38:20 pm »

Hello All,
I'm so pleased the forum is still running.
After 20 years of owning Espaces, I have possibly the need to replace or refresh the injectors on one of my 1998-2000 2.2DT engined Espaces.
Now this is a job I've never had to do and I think it's only needed because after 380000 kms and following the fuel strikes last year, when some bad fuel may have been pruchased, I am getting some surging and or lack of power and black smoke from the exhaust when running at around 75-90kph in 5th gear. It feels like in these circumstances it starts running on 3 cylinders but then runs fine at tickover and at higher revs in any gear - so I suspect an injector?
Does anyone have any other advice or suggestions, please?
Is removal of the injectors easy and not at all like removing the common rail units that have put me off the DCi engined espaces?
I have seen an advert for replacement injector nozzles - would you recommend these or do I need complete new injectors? (big price difference)

Thanks for any advice,
regards,
Mark.

2.2DT Grand Espace 1998 RHD
2.2DT Espace 2000 LHD
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 02:31:41 pm »

Hello All,
I'm so pleased the forum is still running.
After 20 years of owning Espaces, I have possibly the need to replace or refresh the injectors on one of my 1998-2000 2.2DT engined Espaces...

Thanks for any advice,
regards,
Mark.

2.2DT Espace 2000 LHD

Please email me directly (roy@matraclub.org.uk), not here, as I need to know the full vehicle spec. first.  Are we talking F9Q or G8T?  I need the full VIN, vehicle Fabrication number and engine Fabrication number.

Roy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 03:01:11 pm by roy4matra » Logged

markymarkmark

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 06:40:35 pm »

Hello Roy,
Thanks for looking.
I'll email you tomorrow with a photo of my VIN plate.
My cars are all 2.2DT engines, so G8T71X engines - The one in question is a G8T716 motor and it's my best Espace mk3.

I have never owned a DCi - too scared!
I think it's the last of the pre-canbus DT's, with proper relays and fuses - It would be great if you can tell me more about it.7

Regards
Mark.

2.2DT Espace 2000 LHD
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: