| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rear view mirror  (Read 6366 times)
David M.

« on: January 01, 2007, 09:45:54 pm »

First post so please be kind.
We have been the proud owners of a 2000 2.2dti grand espace for the past month after upgrading from a senic 1.9dti. Fantastic car loads of space for 3 young kids and a dog,but new years eve brought a drunken youth down our road who proceeded to slap the near side mirror forwards. On closer inspection he has snapped the toothed rods that conect to the motors and the centre fixing lugs between the 2 motors,is it posible to replace just broken parts or do i need to buy a complete assembly. Thanks.

By the way exellent site keep up the good work

Driving 2000 Grand espace 2.2 dti.
Fiat Doblo cargo
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:16:50 am »

Hi David, welcome to the forum! Glad to hear from another happy Espace owner Smiley

I do not know for sure whether the broken parts can be ordered seperately, but I would think so. Your Renault garage can help using their computer catalogue. I suppose you are in the UK? If you are in Denmark, I can help you with a helpful spare part dealer.

- Anders Smiley

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
David M.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:34:25 pm »

Thanks Anders
  Found the answer at the local Renault dealer, mirror comes in 3 main parts, and are as you might expect not cheap, main body( the bit with the air vent) £170.00 plus v.a.t. The black face part (where the glass goes) £50.00 plus v.a.t. And the part I needed the controler, basicaly a plastic ring with 2 motors in it £107.00 plus v.a.t. After picking myself off the floor it was time to exercise the cheque book and be thankfull I did not loose the whole thing. It seems to be the one down side to owning an espace every part seems to have to come from the main dealer.
  Thanks again,   David.
 ps.  Iam in Wigan Lancashire.

Driving 2000 Grand espace 2.2 dti.
Fiat Doblo cargo
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:31:09 pm »

Thanks Anders
  Found the answer at the local Renault dealer, mirror comes in 3 main parts, and are as you might expect not cheap, main body( the bit with the air vent) £170.00 plus v.a.t. The black face part (where the glass goes) £50.00 plus v.a.t. And the part I needed the controler, basicaly a plastic ring with 2 motors in it £107.00 plus v.a.t. After picking myself off the floor it was time to exercise the cheque book and be thankfull I did not loose the whole thing. It seems to be the one down side to owning an espace every part seems to have to come from the main dealer.
  Thanks again,   David.
 ps.  Iam in Wigan Lancashire.

Sorry to hear about those prices. One of the problems with the Espace is that the spares that are specific to it are very expensive and has actually increased in price since Matra closed down. Reason is that everything that isn't a standard Renault part comes from a company called Matra MS. They do little more than distributing spares for Espace, which means that the owners consider it a cash cow. We, the otherwise happy owners of the cars, supply the milk!

I'm in Bagsvaerd, which is 15 km north of Copenhagen centre - in Denmark :-)

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: