| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Spax dampers  (Read 34573 times)
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 07:15:04 am »

That is correct. way back(5-6 years ago) Matra Club Denmark were invited to The Renault Alpine Clubs annaul meeting at Tirstrup Lufthavn. The club had connections that allowed them to race at an old track at Tirstrup Lufthavn. I Was there once, in the Bagheera. There was about 10 Alpines, mostly 310 and V6. But also a couple of Gordinis. They had two kinds of race. One on a round(well not completely round) where they race singlehandly against the clock. And then there is the 1/4 mile-race, two cars against each other.
I could contact them and find out if they still have this arrangement, if anyone is interrested.

Lars Tjørnelund

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 08:45:25 am »

I dont think I have the heart to race my murena  Wink
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 08:55:44 am »

I could contact them and find out if they still have this arrangement, if anyone is interrested.

I think I have both the guts and the heart to take my Murena on the track and race it - and I can also take the embarrasment of finishing way down in the line, so yes, Lars, please do.

Jeg synes det er en rigtig god ide.
Der er også andre muligheder, Hondaklubben er også ganske aktiv og samarbejder i forvejen med Alfa-klubben. De kører bl.a. på Sturup som bør give selv en Bagheera muligheder for at "vise sig".

- Anders Smiley

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 09:54:20 am »

I dont think I have the heart to race my murena  Wink

Just found this tagline on a racing engineering (and racer) forum:

"Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive." Cheesy

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 08:08:24 pm »

mechanical sympathy
He he.. I'll remember that one..
My reluctance for racing my car is closely likned to the fact that I will be paying the bills myself!! (and... I strongly believe that if you are not the one paying the bills, you shouldnt be raceing the car!!.. without permission of cause)

I remember reading that "one race mile equals 1000 road miles"
.....I simply cant spare either the time or money to make good on the extra wear and tear.... and i dont have a fancy Espace in the driveway to take me to work should the murena break down  Wink

Waldo

Diesel power :o)

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 07:33:54 pm »

Hi again,

I ended up buying a set of spax dampers... I'm aware that some people don't think much of them, but at the price of 180£ incl. postage I couldn't resist checking them out!  Huh

My question is now if anyone has any experience to share?
Is it possible to use the orig. rear springs or will I need a new set (like the Eibach from Simon Auto)?

Does anyone have a copy of the TUV approval (I have bought the G693 & G695 which I'm pretty sure is the same as Simon Auto has listed as item no. 24031/A)

Oh and by the way... I will surely post some pictures of my renovation project, but I would like to wait until I get the engine fired up and starts the real assembly work!
I expect to have the car ready sometime around May, but it still requires a lot of effort...  Undecided
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: