| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena S alternator  (Read 6377 times)
carrera

« on: January 13, 2007, 11:26:58 am »

I have just purchased a replacement alternator, reputed to be a Hella 80Amp, and a direct replacement for the Paris-Rhone originally fitted. I had trouble fitting it so measured it against the original and the centres are195mm instead of 170, pulley centre to centre large hole 100mm instead of 80mm. The belt will not fit now. Any ideas?
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 02:10:13 pm »

Hey Carrera!! And welcom to the forum.
I had the same problem A couple of months ago when I swapped my 55 amp for a 80.
I mesured roughly how long the fan belt needed to be, and went the first sparepart shop on my way, and got a "universial" fanbelt.. they come in all different shapes and sizes.
I cant remember the exact length I used.. its in this forum, in a thread somewhere.
Only problem I had was that it tended to slip afterwards (though it did before aswell).. but I guess I just need to re-tighten it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 02:13:17 pm by krede » Logged
carrera

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 05:37:38 pm »

Thanks Krede, It makes me very annoyed that the supplier did not mention a new belt would be needed! As a matter of interest, how does one measure a belt, neither the inside or outside measures what it says on the belt.
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:01:54 am »

To be honest I dont know! :-)... but luckely ther is quit a bit of margin regarding the length of the belt, so 2-3 cm to long won't matter.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: