| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: rear wheel bearings?  (Read 6786 times)
lewisman

« on: January 15, 2007, 11:50:27 pm »

I intend to refurb the rear trailing arms on my 2.2 murena and might as well replace the bearings.  Are they just Alpine/Solara front wheel bearings or are they specific to the murena?
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:22:12 am »

Yes, they are. Talbot 1510/Solara and Simca 1308 (Alpine in UK) has the front wheel bearings same as Murenas rear ones. I changed them on my old silver Murena. But change them as soon as possible because if not, You can damage the surface of wheel hub.

lewisman

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:19:32 pm »

Cheers.  I don't know if they are worn but since the trailig armas will be off it make sense to change them.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:24:37 pm »

Cheers.  I don't know if they are worn but since the trailig armas will be off it make sense to change them.

Experience tells us that ball bearings of the Murena will usually wear when the hub is extracted and reinserted as dirt tends to pass the seal. This is why the general recommedation is to replace the bearings when you replace the discs.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine who is a Honda mechanic - some Accords have the discs fitted under the hubs too, but he has never seen any problems with those bearings. The difference is probably not in the quality, but more in the construction of the bearing: The ball bearings have very low friction, but wear more easily than the roller bearings you will typically find on newer cars.

I agree with you that there's no point in refurbishing the trailing arms without replacing the bearings.

- Anders Smiley

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: