| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace locking problem  (Read 4759 times)
chirivel

« on: June 11, 2008, 04:59:03 pm »

Hi
I have a problem as in i have replaced the batteries in my key fob and it no longer works also now that im locking with the key the door behind the drivers door im left hand drive , isnt locking at all Help please!!!
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:31:53 pm »

Hi
I have a problem as in i have replaced the batteries in my key fob and it no longer works also now that im locking with the key the door behind the drivers door im left hand drive , isnt locking at all Help please!!!

Have you tried to re-synchronise the plip?  See my website FAQ.

All cars came with two keys with plips so you should have another, where is that?  Why do people buy/accept any secondhand car with only one key?  Now that the immobiliser is linked with the key/plip and it can cost over £100 to get a new one, and have it re-synchronised this is even more important than when they were just a plain key!

When you press the central locking button inside the car, do all the doors lock?  If any door does not then the problem is with the door unit or wiring and has little to do with the key/plip.  I find it hard to believe the rear left door locked via remote control but is the only one that does not lock manually.  More likely that none of the others lock or the rear door did not lock even remotely.

One problem is that often Renault central locking systems only work with the remote control.  If you operate the door lock manually, only that door is locked/unlocked - the central locking does not work from the door lock!  That is the way they designed them.  So lock all doors with the internal button and the drivers door with the key.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 07:33:58 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: