| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New car challenge  (Read 24190 times)
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 01:18:02 pm »

The day we all drive electric cars, is the day I stop driving!
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 07:26:57 pm »

I will keep on driving, I will just get myself a Venturi Fetish

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/venturi-fetish-first-production-electric-sports-car-022314.php

Hans
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 11:09:43 pm »

The downside is that it weighs 2500 pounds which is as much as the Discovery I despise so much.

Its all because of the batteries - but if it delivers the stated performance and economy, then it could be ok. I like the looks too - well, its a facelifted Elise.

I just have my doubts to how you can pour all this electric energy into it using any normal extension chord, - and if we all have such cars sitting in the garage, sucking energy all night, will the grid actually be able to cope ?

I read a rather worrying article in a danish newspaper for engineers about this.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 12:21:13 pm »

I hate the idea, its just moving the pollution from one place to another.

The Venturi Fetish? It has a quick charge system that will give you 16km of driving for a 10 minute charge. Great, I can fill my Matra with fuel in 10 minutes and get over 400km of driving out of it!

Fuel cell cars are the future and in the interim, more sophisticated diesels are my choice.
Will Falconer

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 12:40:04 pm »

I just have my doubts to how you can pour all this electric energy into it using any normal extension chord, - and if we all have such cars sitting in the garage, sucking energy all night, will the grid actually be able to cope ?

I read a rather worrying article in a danish newspaper for engineers about this.

/Lennart

Well I guess we'll all have windmills outside our houses, and then when there's either no wind or too much wind to use the windmills then we'll have standby generators running on...oil Grin
coki-moki

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 02:57:29 pm »

Well its a hard question.I would buy Skoda Octavia RS.It has 200 hp,it`s nice,fuel consumption good,and the price is low,and of course safe,pump up your adrenalin with top speed of 240 km/h.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: