| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wikipedia  (Read 10543 times)
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: February 19, 2007, 10:54:48 am »

There's very little information on Matra Automobile on Wikipedia, only a bit on the F1 cars, very little on the prototypes, and nothing at all about the road cars.

With Wikipedia earning increasing popularity, I suggest we start a joint effort of writing for it.

Please join in with comments Smiley

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 03:07:46 pm »

I looked at Wikipedia when researching my car and thought it was quite good for Matras.

There are links to each road car model which give a good overview and there are links to this site!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 03:12:56 pm by macaroni » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 12:39:21 am »

I looked at Wikipedia when researching my car and thought it was quite good for Matras.

There are links to each road car model which give a good overview and there are links to this site!

Sorry yes, somehow I missed those articles. But try comparing with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MR2 ? Don't the Matra cars deserve as much? Wink

- Anders

Used to own:
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:21 am »

I see what you mean, but the Japanese market is flooded with loads of different variants to keep all the PS2 playing nerds happy...
"Oh yes I just unlocked the MR2 tri-turbo Lucky Banzai kamikaze Happy Fast ZZ99x by lapping the 'ring in 3 minutes."

Matras appeal to a more discerning clientelle, me excluded, and to be honest, don't have as widespread appeal.
There are also far fewer variants, there is only so much you could write about the 4S, for example.

However, I would be happy to contribute in any way I could to any articles produced.
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 06:00:43 pm »

Matras appeal to a more discerning clientelle, me excluded, and to be honest, don't have as widespread appeal.

If one have to look at it objectivily the mk I MR2 are (or should I say WERE) better cars then the murenas.

-Lower weight
-More power (except the 142 or "S") from MUCH better fuelinjected 16valve engines
-MUCH better gearbox/linkage
-Better bakes
-Better suspention -> better handeling
-Better driving position.
-Better service and dealership network
-Toyota relyability and buildquality LIGHTYEARS ahead of talbot/Matras
-Cheap to buy,own and drive.

I could go on... but there is no point in doing so.. but they are still MR2's...
And the Murenas are in my oppinion by far the most beautifull car of the two.

And I think that much of the murenas lack of apeal is mostly due to the fact that it has been all but forgotten...too sad (or good if you look at it that way)... because to me the galvanized steel/fiberglass/shared parts concept makes PERFECT sence !  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 06:21:43 pm by krede » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 11:21:54 pm »

If one have to look at it objectivily the mk I MR2 are (or should I say WERE) better cars then the murenas.

While we could perhaps agree from certain engineering viewpoints, the fact that the Murena is an exotic car whereas the MR2 is more of a commodity car, makes the two quite incomparable.

When I mentioned the MR2 I was trying to provoke people to react. I think the Murena deserves just as much text as the MR2, but obviously it shouldn't be presented like the MR2 Smiley

- Anders

Used to own:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: